• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bigger litter tray, more poops????

Miss Binky Bunny

Alpha Buck
Changed to a larger litter tray and I would swear it is filling up faster and needs changing quicker than smaller corner one before. Am I imagining this, or is this a strange phenomenon any others have experienced?

Last edited:
I've not noticed it personally. Maybe they are eating more hay and that's why it seems like this?

I've been having real bother litter training Hector so moved out 2 smaller trays and replaced with underbed storage box, so now have 2 of them on ground floor and one normal one on 1st floor and like you I see a lot more poops. You are right though Zoobec I am putting out more hay to fill boxes up, should I stop putting so much? Can rabbits get fat/ overeat on hay? Also noticed more caecotrophs outside the box on the same part of floor every day, sometimes twice a day which I'm not sure about, may be stress as Hector doesn't like change but now worried it's too much hay. Also just been out to them and found one big soft poo in the box, never seen anything like that before. Both of them look absolutely fine and running about as normal, bashing my hand looking for their fenugreek crunchie supper but just wanting to know if I should cut back on hay?

Back