• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Selling/buying a rabbit playhouse?

Kit06

Young Bun
Would there be a market for a used rabbit playhouse? Would anyone buy one that was set up for rabbits? Do people look out for playhouses on preloved etc? I was thinking of moving a pair of my buns back into a hutch to make it easier to move house and was wondering if I advertised a playhouse whether anyone would consider it. I could probably dismantle it but they would need a van to transport. How much would anyone pay for this sort of thing? Would love to hear from anyone who had done this, even if it was buying a childs one to convert. This isn't an advert as I haven't decided I'm going to do this yet or not. Thanks :)

I am sure there would be a market for it. I have seen several on Ebay over the years. What a person would be willing to pay is going to depend on the exact condition/size of the playhouse. Take a look on Ebay and I think that you will obtain a bit of an idea as to what sort of price you may be able to get. Items can also be sold on here if you become a Forum Supporter

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/payments.php

I paid £40 for a very secondhand child's playhouse (i.e. not converted for buns) and have had to put a lot of work in. Time IS money after all! It's a bit rotten around the bottom, but not in any crucial points. It's still cost me less than a decent hutch though, significantly less and enough to 'make up' for the time I've so far put in to converting/faffing about with it! Some pictures in this thread under 'Secondhand wendy house conversion' or something like that :)

I'm sure there'd be a market whether it be for bunnies, guineas, ferrets etc or maybe as a shelter for a cat/feral cat!

Or someone's OH if they are being too annoying :D

:lol: I'd get one if I didn't have the shed for me and the buns..my OH and elderly pussycat love football.. me and the buns don't!

Seriously tho.. there will be plenty of people looking for one.. either for animals or to convert. Best of luck x
Sorry I couldn't be more help

Last edited:
Sorry for delay in replying. It looks like this:
house-2_zps7317d95e.jpg

only now it is in a different place and a runaround type tube connects it to a run from the right. It also has a cat flap in and we put guttering on too.
Inside:
inside_zps90347389.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a Happyhutch Sykes combo hutch and run instead so it would be great to have some money to put towards that but I wasn't sure if it would sell or if I'd get enough to help buy the new set up. I'd probably also sell it with the run (6ftx4ft) and tube (which I think is about 8ft) if it was going to someone rabbity.

Thanks for everyone's replies, it's made me think this might be do-able. I'd obviously have to sort the new accommodation first though before selling this.

Wow, it's great! I have no idea how much you would get for it, but surely quite a bit, it's in fantastic condition!
Keep checking online to see what other people are asking for theirs. It is a lovely set up... Best of Luck!

I think that's the exact wendy house I have (only in much better nick!): certainly the front is identical! I wouldn't sell it for any less than £100, even £150. For everything together I'd be happy to pay £300 no questions asked, but maybe I'm stingy or generous, I don't know! As Bunny Magics says, keep an eye out on what other people are doing :) Bear in mind you'll need to factor in people hiring a van to collect unless you want to deliver...!

I think you might get a better rate in Spring too: lots of people are less willing to do outside work in Winter, and it'll need putting up!

I don't think I can fit a second wendy house in my garden, certainly not with another run! But, maybe 4 months ago I'd've snapped this up XD And I'd need to insulate it (against the sun) anyway ;P

OMG its exactly what I am looking for. Too far from me though.

Best of luck with selling it. It looks wonderful.

Thanks everyone, I might wait until the weather is a bit nicer as I don't want to be putting up a new hutch in the freezing cold either!

Hi! I am new on here and learning a lot about rabbits! I have posted previously re housing. I am in Dorset and (I think) thats what I would like to upgrade my petshop hutch to, either a home made 6/7 ft hutch or a playhouse. First though.. where are you?!

Back