• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sebastian passed away yesterday

thank you all, I'm really going to miss him. I'm struggling to decide what to do with poor Imogen as I had said I didn't want anymore rabbits but I didn't expect to lose them for another 4-5 years :(

thank you all, I'm really going to miss him. I'm struggling to decide what to do with poor Imogen as I had said I didn't want anymore rabbits but I didn't expect to lose them for another 4-5 years :(

That is always a dilemma. I have fostered a friend for Bandit, as we couldnt afford to take on the medical finance costs. I pay for her food, hay, bedding etc but not her vet bills. Bandit does not like people so that made it hard. You could have Imogen inside your room if that is OK by your mum and dad.

I know you will miss your lovely boy and its always awful having to think of the one they have left behind.

its hard to find an old bunny it seems I wish I had an easy answer to it :( she cant stay indoors forever as me and mum and both allergic to the fur and the hay (mums so allergic she swells up if she touches hay) wish I could click my fingers and fix it all

Adding more hugs for you and Imogen. Sebastian was a really gorgeous boy, he had such a sweet face :love:

As I said on FB, give yourself time to grieve. In the meantime, you could give Imogen some extras to help her get through the winter outdoors. She lives in a shed doesn't she? You could give her some old teddies to snuggle against, a heat pad or two, extra hay for eating and burrowing in, maybe some extra pellets to give her more fuel for keeping warm. Mirrors and some interactive toys. Really spoil her this Christmas and then maybe in the new year look into rehoming an older bunny.

Adding more hugs for you and Imogen. Sebastian was a really gorgeous boy, he had such a sweet face :love:

As I said on FB, give yourself time to grieve. In the meantime, you could give Imogen some extras to help her get through the winter outdoors. She lives in a shed doesn't she? You could give her some old teddies to snuggle against, a heat pad or two, extra hay for eating and burrowing in, maybe some extra pellets to give her more fuel for keeping warm. Mirrors and some interactive toys. Really spoil her this Christmas and then maybe in the new year look into rehoming an older bunny.

Do you think that'd be enough to keep her warm this winter on her own?

I've sometimes found myself wondering how your pair were doing, I'm so sorry you lost him :(

Sleep tight Sebastian, sending noserubs to Imogen xx

Back