• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to explain why yogurt drops are bad for rabbits....

Happiness is people who listen - and take action.

I will confess that I've been guilty of the yoghurt drops AND Egg Biscuits :oops::oops::oops: - BUT on reading how stupid I was to be giving them I stopped even though my kids adored them (and really - they went nuts for them) - they get fenugreeks and fibre sticks now as 'treats' (poor deprived things :cry:)

I don't understand why people don't listen - you can always learn something new even after years of experience.

I sneaked a Fibafirst stick as a treat out of the bag destined for Rescue Secret Santa: quality control, of course...!

I've fed my bun yogurt drops before, will his teeth and everything be okay if he doesn't have any more?

Yoghurt drops don't help your bunny at all their teeth or digestion they are bad for them as they are strict herbivores and they contain milk. The best thing for your bunnies teeth is lots and lots of hay (80% of their diet) then a small handful of good quality rabbit nuggets each day and a handful of veg.

I've fed my bun yogurt drops before, will his teeth and everything be okay if he doesn't have any more?

I expect so. Dont worry too much. Fresh herbs (corriander and parsley for example) make great treats. You can always ask your vet to have a look at them. Mine get checked over every year when they have their vaccinations.

We found this discussion quite interesting as yoghurt drops were one of the drivers for us to create HungryBun (you may have seen a banner for this week's Wabbit Wednesday mentioning us).

It's indisputable that yoghurt drops are bad for rabbits. Yet we know from the fact that they remain on sale that people are still buying them. Unfortunately, and we were the same initially, there's a lack of knowledge about the subject.

To be fair to people buying them, there's no reason why you should necessarily dispute whether or not they're acceptable for rabbits to consume, when they're being sold as a rabbit treat. It's very easy to take it as read.

We posted a short article about it here. There are 6 separate scientific studies cited, each of which reached the same conclusion.

We found this discussion quite interesting as yoghurt drops were one of the drivers for us to create HungryBun (you may have seen a banner for this week's Wabbit Wednesday mentioning us).

It's indisputable that yoghurt drops are bad for rabbits. Yet we know from the fact that they remain on sale that people are still buying them. Unfortunately, and we were the same initially, there's a lack of knowledge about the subject.

To be fair to people buying them, there's no reason why you should necessarily dispute whether or not they're acceptable for rabbits to consume, when they're being sold as a rabbit treat. It's very easy to take it as read.

We posted a short article about it here. There are 6 separate scientific studies cited, each of which reached the same conclusion.

Just ordered a box off you! Excited to try your treats out :D

Exciting times, thank you! :D

I hope you like them, our two love them. The banana chips seem to be going down well this month with customers.

Ooh, the bunnies will be chuffed! They both love banana chips but I can't seem to find any without added sugar etc so they only get the piddly bits at the bottom of dried veg/fruit mixes - which work out to be quite expensive at times!

Ooh, the bunnies will be chuffed! They both love banana chips but I can't seem to find any without added sugar etc so they only get the piddly bits at the bottom of dried veg/fruit mixes - which work out to be quite expensive at times!
Thank you, finally! I've been harping on for donkeys about the added sugar in dried fruit. I won't eat that rubbish myself, let alone let the buns eat it.

If people truly car d about their rabbits they would give them healthy treats. Their are so many better options for the same price:?:? Like why don't people listen? It really frustrated me when people don't want to take in consediration that you guru drop can easily kill a rabbit or really hurt their digestive tracts!

If people truly car d about their rabbits they would give them healthy treats. Their are so many better options for the same price:?:? Like why don't people listen? It really frustrated me when people don't want to take in consediration that you guru drop can easily kill a rabbit or really hurt their digestive tracts!

Welcome to the forum, Bunneh Trio :wave:

Back