• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello from Falkirk, Scotland

Dannyk

New Kit
I am looking for a dutch rabbit breeder near my area, Falkirk, Scotland. If anyone could help me out that would be amazing!

Hi Danny,
Most of us wouldn't recommend buying a rabbit from a breeder, partly because some of them do not look after their rabbits well and your rabbit may turn out to have serious health problems but mainly because with 67,000 rabbits in rescues looking for good homes it makes more sense to rescue than keep adding to the rabbit population.
I don't know if you have a rescue near you, you could try asking in the Rabbit Chat section? But a rescue will be able to provide you with a pair of rabbits, I'm sure plenty of them will have Dutch buns if that's your favourite and give you loads of good advice on accommodation, diet and health.
Good luck :thumb:

Hello Danny, As above, we would always advise getting a bunny from a rescue and there are always Dutchies in rescue as they're such a popular breed. If you go to the main site www.rabbitrehome.org.uk, you'll find the option of searching for a bunny or a rescue in your area. The benefit of getting a bunny/bunnies from a rescue is that they normally come ready neutered and vaccinated and you'll get a good idea of their character which you won't get with a baby bunny from a breeder :thumb:. Best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

Hello Danny, As above, we would always advise getting a bunny from a rescue and there are always Dutchies in rescue as they're such a popular breed. If you go to the main site www.rabbitrehome.org.uk, you'll find the option of searching for a bunny or a rescue in your area. The benefit of getting a bunny/bunnies from a rescue is that they normally come ready neutered and vaccinated and you'll get a good idea of their character which you won't get with a baby bunny from a breeder :thumb:. Best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

This.

Welcome to RU, I hope you enjoy being part of something very special........being bonkers about bunnies and their welfare!!!!:thumb::wave:

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: I definitely agree with everyone about rehoming from a rescue :thumb:

Hiya Danny!!,

Welcome ...

Sorry, cant recommend any breeders but FairlyBeloved Rabbit Care in Kirkintilloch usually have bunnies urgently needing new forever homes..

Good luck

Fee x

Back