• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone else hutch get mouldy inside???

No roof should be 100% flat, it should have a slope on it so the rain drips off?

If i remember correctly a flat roof has a pitch of 10 degrees and under.
But yes that be a good place to start as if the water can not drip down or of the roof it may find a small hole to enter inside.

I may have to lift the front legs up slightly see if that helps x

If i remember correctly a flat roof has a pitch of 10 degrees and under.
Yep, more than 5 and less than 10, although I've also seen sources saying less than 15°.

What about overhang? My current hutch has naff-all overhang and gets horribly wet inside if I don't put the plastic cover up. My previous rabbit's hutches both had about 4" of overhang and NEVER got damp inside. Overhang will also prevent water running down the outside and finding any ways to ingress into the inside (which happens in mine too :roll:), which would also be a cause of internal damp: where it condenses would cause the mould but if it is caused by condensation the ingress could be anywhere!

Is there a leak inside? I'd clean it with a good bunny safe disinfectant and make sure there is good ventilation.

Back