Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport from Cambridge to Warwickshire OR up the A1 towards Notts...NOW SORTED

Warren Veteran

Default Transport from Cambridge to Warwickshire OR up the A1 towards Notts...NOW SORTED

We are trying to get two hamsters from xClairex in Foxton (near Cambridge) to Theo in Warwickshire.

Can anyone help in getting them from Foxton straight over to Warwickshire?

Alternatively, can anyone help in getting them a bit further up the A1 northwards to meet me and I will then get them over to Theo?

If all else fails, then me and my OH will do the whole run ourselves. We are north Notts so it is quite a long drive and any help would be appreciated.

They come with two large cages (Barney cage and Hamster Heaven cage), so these will need transporting too.

It is quite urgent and we could do with getting it sorted this weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Tracy & Theo
    Last edited by Tracy; 29-11-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

If nothing happens before next week I can do next Weds from Foxton to Peterborough and a bit further north. Sadly just got back from vet in Cambridge today to see this when I got home!
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Bumping up for you

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

I MAY be able to get someone else to pick them up this afternoon/evening - can you ask xClairex what times she is in?

If I can do this it will be a HUGE favour for me from the person involved (the guy who shares our house and works in Cambridge) so will need a large time frame (4-7pm for pick up would be perfect) and a very very smooth hand over. and address.

They will then come direct to me 5km west from A1 peterborough junction. I can take them as far up as Stamford junctions.
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

If this is ok with Tracy and helps for part of her journey then I'm in all day today so any time is fine with me.
    The cages are both 80x50cm and up to 50cm high so if they fit in the car it'll be quick to pop them in (I'll move all toys to the lower level so they don't slide about)
    I'll pm parsnipbun my address.

Thank you

I shall do prelims and then await TRacy and keep you in touch claire - if you could send me a mobile/land line as well that would be fab. i shall email the person at Cambridge now - his name is Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by parsnipbun View Post
    Thank you

I shall do prelims and then await TRacy and keep you in touch claire - if you could send me a mobile/land line as well that would be fab. i shall email the person at Cambridge now - his name is Steve.
    Thank you for offering to help
    I've pm'd you my details.

PS I have emailed him - await reply. Its not my OH but a very close friend so hoping he will do it - only problem could be the appaling traffic in Cambridge on Fridays.

Warren Veteran

Have been out all morning, so only just seen this - sorry.

Twigs - if the pick up in Cambridge goes ahead today, then I can meet you at any time over the weekend...whatever fits best with you.

I am out this afternoon, but will be back around 4pm, so can do later today/tonight or any time Sat/Sun.

I can then sort out a time with Theo, the hamsters can stay with us a day or so if necessary.

Thanks very much for your help.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

Have had confirmation of pick up later this afternoon - they will be here by 7pm.

Tracy - I can meet you further up the A1 if you like - say Stamford pull off - at a specific time - OR if you didnt mind you can come here at any time over the weekend. It will be an extra 20 mins for you rather than the Stamford meet up but its a lot easier for us as we can just get on with cleaning out buns etc and expect you whenever you can make it..

But realise you also have lots of buns to clear out!!