• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround/similar attachments near Nottingham?

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
Don't suppose anyone near Nottingham (within 20mi of the City Centre ideally) has a Runaround or similar pipe attachment I can look at? I'm unsure how to affix my pipe to the front of the wendy house, and I'd like to actually see one before splashing out on it, especially if it turns out I could've made something suitable out of what I already have! I'd really like to look at pipe-through-wood attachments, preferably with doors but I have other ideas about doors if that's not possible. I have two different bendy pipes and one is much more suitable than the other, but I need to see it in action first.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks people :) I found your thread really useful some time ago, Snowflake George! Love the pictures (mostly I just want to steal Hershel ;P) :D I've also had a good dig round on Runaround itself as well as Welfare Hutch but tend not to look too closely as I get ideas (like raising the pipe off the ground and other things I don't need to do right now!). The Welfare Hutch system I'm sure I could 100% make myself, which is why I'd like to see something in action!

I really need to see exactly how they attach, depths fittings reach to, if I can wangle it through things, that sort of thing. I will, however, take you up on the offers of photos if I can't find anything!

For illustration, here's where I need it to go: I've two bits of plywood I've cut the pipe-hole into, which make up part of a wendy house side. It's not perfect but all the pipes fit, some with more space than others! The two plywood bits from the inner and outer skins of the wendy house, so I've two thin pieces of wood to put a pipe through, and therefore two skins which will need one pipe fitting attachment to make them into a usable thing, beyond a wall with a hole in it :) I think I've repeated myself there, but I tried Paint illustrating it and it didn't really work: again, needs seeing to really know what it is!

Last edited:
Ooh, thankyou! That's how I expected them to work :) I can make them myself, and I think I will add some sort of 'door' attachment that I can use when the pipe's out.

Thankyou everyone!

I want one ! Am so inspired by the video and it's time my Buns ( and me ) had more places to go and more things to see ( not all the way to Nottingham though, just around our garden ) :thumb:

Back