• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for pipe entrance

o-Chloe-o

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone,

I have noticed the bunnies have decided to sit / relax in the coldest part of their wendy house, at the entrance to the pipe. I like it open access so they can go in and out whenever, and they do enjoy it. But I'm confused when there are snuggly places I have made (a shelf, hidey hut, boxes of hay) yet they sit there looking through the pipe with wind and cold air coming in at them :(

Id like to try and stop some of the cold coming in, but still have the pipe 'open all hours' as it were, any ideas anyone? xx

I would say that if they chose to sit there the they are happy with the cool air coming in

Bunnies like to be able to look out - are there any other windows or places they can look out from? If you can construct some kind of shelf to another window and make it cosy around that, they might choose to look out from there instead. Or if you already have that, then they probably just like it there :lol: I think it's their prey instinct that makes them like to sit places where they can get a good view of what is going on.

Bunnies like to be able to look out - are there any other windows or places they can look out from? If you can construct some kind of shelf to another window and make it cosy around that, they might choose to look out from there instead. Or if you already have that, then they probably just like it there :lol: I think it's their prey instinct that makes them like to sit places where they can get a good view of what is going on.

Thanks yes, they have a second level shelf with view out the window :roll: oh bless them, they obviously like keeping an eye on the entrance there. I have looked in and seem badger at the pipe entrance, and honey on the shelf keeping watch, aswell. Its difficult to know exactly what they are up to though as when I walk up to the wendy house, they must hear me coming (I have tried sneaking lol) and maybe they shift towards the pipe entrance just in case, not sure...

Just wasnt sure if there was a way of making a sort of double entrance to the pipe, so they can still look out but there is some break from the wind... getting thinking cap on.... :|:|:idea:

I'd not worry too much, it might be they like the temperature there, and once it gets a bit cooler they will move to more snuggly areas. They've got coats to cope with winter but it's still quite warm compared to how cold it will be in a month or so.

You could leave your camera out for a bit when you go in and see if they wander off again.

Thanks ill try not to worry... . I might try to disctreetly film them though with my phone to see what they are up too :roll: hehe! I did want to get a webcam viewer but not sure how I would wire it up as the Wendy house is quite a way from the house really so no idea how that would work xx

In our old house the quad had the 10 x 6 shed which had two cut out holes into the run. They always sat by them and gazed out (despite having shelves near windows and lots of cosy spaces).

Rabbit height windows are the best!

Back