• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Help & Let Me See Your Sheds!

Hi, I am looking into changing an old shed that we don't use into a hutch for the big buns :) I would love to hear any advice, the does and donts. Where to get materials for levels. What maximum height should the levels be?

And Last But definitely not least I would LOVE to see pictures of your sheds.

One thing I am definitely going to do is mount the guinea pig hutch on the wall and that the roof(which is flat) can be doubled up as a level for the buns( I will put lino etc on it)'.

Thanks In advance.

P.S The shed Is 6ft by 6ft10" and my rabbits are Holland lips (extremely big ones at that!)

There are so many option! It's definitely a good idea to browse around for ideas.

I'd think about where the doors/windows are, it's nice if you can add a level that lets them look out a window, but also make sure you can get in/out easily. Height wise it depends on whether they'll be jumping up/down. Overlapping the levels is an option i.e. they can only jump from one level to another not all the way to the floor. I'd go for steps if you need them rather than a ramp as that saves space.

High cupboards are good for storage for hay/food etc.

Back