• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rodney~ 21st November 2014

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Again I find myself posting a thread in Rainbow Bridge after the loss of yet another member of my Rabbit family. To be posting this for Rodney now, just a few hours after having to let him go, may give the impression that I am not really that upset. That I must be used to going through this having done it so many times. The truth is I am only surviving on autopilot now. I cant even cry, I am beyond tears.

Rodney was an ARC Rabbit. I met him at an ARC Open Day in 2006. He was about 1.5 years of age and a real show off. He came to live with us and I managed to bond him with a little Nethie Doe called Chloe. They were good friends, but Chloe was very bossy and Rodney had to do as he was told. We lost Chloe when she was about 10. After a few months I introduced Rodney to a couple of other Rabbits, but unfortunately none of the pairings worked out. However, eventually I was able to bond Rodney with Jo who had lost her friend Hal. Jo and Rodney were very close and Jo was a great comfort to Rodney in his final months as his body became very weak. He had arthritis and a degenerative disc condition in his spine. This eventually led to him losing the use of his back legs. Rodney was not a Rabbit who was able to tolerate all the intensive hands on care a profoundly disabled Rabbit needs and at the age of about 10 I did not think it was fair to put him through so much stress. I wanted his final days to be happy and stress free. He was content and eating right up to the end, even though he had little use of his hind legs and he was very, very thin. Rodney was never any trouble to care for and I will miss him very much. I am sure Jo will too.

Farewell for now Rodney Rabbit, I will never forget you and I will always love you

Rodney sure was a beautiful bun who ended up with the best bunny Mummeh ever.

Binky free little man xxxxx

Bless you Jane, it is a lovely tribute to him. I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:
I know you love all your beloved bunnies to the height and breadth of your being. I sympathize that each goodbye is so very hard, and part of that is because you put so much of yourself into the care of each and every one. (((((((((Massive hugs))))))))) xxxxx

Sweet dreams, darling Rodney, you beautiful boy. I know you will be watching over Jane and you are feeling whole and strong again at the Rainbow. We will miss you dearly. :cry:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/message.cfm?l=eng&cid=21889710

Binky free Rodney, you will be missed by many lovely beings.

Having the losses come hard and fast doesn't make it any easier, nor should it: love and (virtual) hugs for you and the bunnies, Jane, and best of wishes.

Back