• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Bonding

mistymoo

New Kit
I have two little bunnies, Misty (F, 11months) and Toffee (M, 9 months). Toffee was castrated a month or so ago and I need to integrate them. I tried putting them in one run together but Toffee took a bite at Misty and took a chunk of her fur out. I want them to be together, advice?

Last edited:
Is there any way that you could separate them by mesh so that they could still see each other but not attack! That way, they could get used to one another slowly :D

I have two little bunnies, Misty (F, 11months) and Toffee (M, 9 months). Toffee was castrated a month or so ago and I need to integrate them. I tried putting them in one run together but Toffee took a bite at Misty and took a chunk of her fur out. I want them to be together, advice?

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: is Misty spayed? Normally it is recommended to wait at least 6weeks after both rabbits have been spayed/neutered to allow hormones to subside. Then bonding needs to be in a small neutral area where neither bunny has been before. Most people use puppy pens or a large dog crate for bonding. I didnt use a food bowl or litter tray, so there is nothing to be territorial over. Some chasing, fur pulling and mounting is normal, just watch out for circling, which can lead to fighting, and also don't allow head humping, nasty bites can occur. I would not extend the space or move them until at least 48 hrs after any chasing etc, and extend space slowly, waiting 48 hrs after each extension of space.

Back