• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Peeing Everywhere!!

Inlé-rah

Warren Scout
I have 2 bucks, a hand-reared Belgian hare (4 months) and a mini lop (3 months) both un-neutered. They are living in separate dog crates in separate rooms. My Belgian hare is fantastic at using his litter box inside of his cage but when he is let out he pee's EVERYWHERE!
Is this territorial peeing? I am getting them both neutered soon but was wondering if this will fix my problem? My hare also leaves scattered poop everywhere which I am guessing is also territorial behaviour?

it's likely to be territorial behaviour, yes, and should settle down after neutering. will you be bonding them? they might be able to smell the other rabbit when out which is probably making the problem worse

it's likely to be territorial behaviour, yes, and should settle down after neutering. will you be bonding them? they might be able to smell the other rabbit when out which is probably making the problem worse

Hoping to bond them once they are both neutered, my hand-reared Belgian hare adores human companionship so if things don't work out I will probably get my mini lop an adopted spayed girlfriend (as he really doesn't like people). Really hoping the territorial marking calms down once they are both neutered!

Back