• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi :)

Caityp

New Kit
Hi I'm Cait.
I have two Netherland dwarf lops who are 7 months old called Iggy and Minnie. They have been living outdoors but as the temperature has got a bit chilly I have brought them inside around two weeks ago. Over the past few days Iggy has become very timid and is making whimpers/humming noises and is loosing a lot of fur. Is this something that she needs to go to the vets for or is this normal?
They are both handled everyday and are normally very friendly!

Thank you in advance!

Cait :)

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: are they both girls, or a boy and girl? Have they been spayed/neutered?

2 girls, they were both born from the same mummy rabbit so have always lived together. Not neutered yet, booked in for the end of this month!
Thank you for the quick reply! I'm a worried rabbit mom ��

I was going to ask the same question?,,

Also if bunnies have been out all year and brought in now.. It may be too warm for them?

I hope so! We bought them off a bunny breeder & she said they were girls!
Yeah they have been out all year but the house is pretty chilly as it's a very old house!

It's possible that it's hormonal, could be a phantom pregnancy, or if the other one is actually a boy she could be pregnant. it's difficult to say without seeing the bunny. Is she pulling out her own hair? I would take them to the vets for a check over to be sure. If she is pregnant for example the vet could possibly do an emergency spay depending on how far through the pregnancy she was.

Oh gosh!! I will take her! I hope there Is no baby bunnies!!
Not sure if she's pulling her hair out, I thought maybe the other one was pulling her hair out. But, she is still snugging the other one which I imagine she wouldn't be doing if they were fighting!

The other one could be pulling her fur out if they are getting a bit hormonal, have they been chasing each other or nipping at all? if you get them spayed asap assuming they are both girls it will help stop any falling out. I would take them both to the vets together, it's best not to split a bonded pair, as if you do that and the other bunny comes back smelling differently it can cause a fall out.

Back