• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping rabbits safe from foxes

Ok, operation mini lop is nearly done, I've got industrial bolts on the hutch, spike strips on my fences, hubby just needs to secure the roof of the run then lll sleep better lol. I got the little furballs last night, they are gorgeous, I'm just struggling for names, I've got a boy and a girl xxx

aaah..they sound lovely :) good luck with the names...its hard isnt it.. :)
Just thought to make sure the mesh is attached with those "U" shaped nails and not just stapled. Also that the mesh if single layered is on the inside of the run.
A fox can pull staples out and if the mesh is on the outside it can also bite/dig it off. If its on the inside its pulled outwards...so harder to get off because of the frame & U-nails...

Thanks Chelle

ive actually decided to double mesh the run as im super paranoid about protecting my bunnies, luckily my husband has a strong nail gun so ive stpled every inch of it lol

Back