• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Want to get our bunny a new friend

Alied14

New Kit
Hi, we have a 6 month old female bunny, she's got an appointment to be spayed next week.

We're very keen to get another bunny to keep her company, a young one?

Whats people advice regarding this?

Regards

Ali (+ Brie the bunny)

How about get a male bun from a rescue? You will find buns from 4+ months that are already neutered and vaccinated. The rescue can bond them for you or you can do it yourself :thumb:

Hiya :wave:

Rescues are definitely the way to go. You see some lovely little buns on here looking for homes from various rescues :D

Hi, and welcome to the forum :thumb: I would wait until at least 6 weeks until after her op to try bonding her, to allow her hormones to subside. I would recommend going to a rescue to adopt a partner for her, they will most likely have several rabbits suitable to try her with, and some rescues have a bonding service too. If the bond was unsuccessful, at least you would be able to try another rabbit with her. I would recommend a neutered male as the most suitable companion.

Thankyou for all your advice, am fairly new to the whole world of bunny's.
She's a house bunny and a pampered one at that. lol.

Where would I find rescue places local to me?

i used to live near tunbridge wells and unfortunately there aren't many rabbit rescues nearby! GBH in beckenham is a good one i believe. we got fern from rspca south godstone, but they didn't (wouldn't) help with bonding

Back