• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

possible myxomatosis

Bless her. I put coriander on Woodys, have you tried that? I put it on every meal and he loves it.

Good plan. I had some in the freezer lol one of my little girls had packed it away in there when the shopping cam, as you do... I just forgot about it but its come in handy, I got more and froze it too, you can just break bits off and squash it a bit in your fingers to defrost it as its so thin. I was putting banana with it at first but he wasn't overly keen, but he loves the coriander which im thankful for. Im bad enough when my kids are ill and they wont eat, it drives me bonkers! Keep me updated with how you get on with your new foods when you get them x

Just had Woody to the vets as hes not eaten much today and his breathing was quite fast. He's given me a gut stimulant to try and get him eating. See how we go from there. His nose flap fell off in the night which will be causing pain and probably stress :'( he's on a higher dose of metacam since last Friday so im hoping he starts eating soon.

He has eaten a little bit. Mainly all the bits and bobs I put down to get him to eat earlier lol. Hes had his baytril on some banana, just got to get 2 ml of the gut stimulant down him at 7 :-/ Hes not a happy boy bless him :(

He's eaten nearly all his pellets with the gut stuff on and some mashed banana :) turns out he likes banana, most times when he was outside he wasnt too fussed. Ive been offering him his bottle but hes not had any yet, do you think I should put a bowl down too?

I would offer him a bowl of water too. He might fancy some warm peppermint tea. The Myxi nodule may have effected his sense of smell and that can lead to a reduced appetite. The smell of peppermint may tempt him to drink and fluids will help both his GI tract motility and his kidney function as he continues to fight the virus.

I would offer him a bowl of water too. He might fancy some warm peppermint tea. The Myxi nodule may have effected his sense of smell and that can lead to a reduced appetite. The smell of peppermint may tempt him to drink and fluids will help both his GI tract motility and his kidney function as he continues to fight the virus.
Thank you. I have some fresh mint, would that be ok soaked in some warm water?

Back