• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I've just adopted a skunk!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I think I've just rehomed a skunk!! RIP my bitey bunny

Yup, he claims to be a rabbit, the magpie harlequin I've been seeking for 4 years :love::love: but I'm now seriously wondering if he's actually a skunk!:lol::lol:

Jesting aside, I've not had this problem with unneutered bucks before, though I know about it. Luckily the little darling is already booked in with FHB's team a week on Monday for neutering. However, when I got the ungrateful little beast home and settled and went to visit him an hour later I got a thump and was shown his backside and got a face/mouth full or urine :evil: He's decorated his hutch and stinks to high heaven... wondering how he lost his previous home then??

Would it be too cruel to name him Skunk? :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Aww :lol: He sounds like a right little character! Do you have any photos?

I think that name's brilliant :lol:

No photos yet, I'm not getting any closer than I have to today, I don't want to be tasting rabbit pee again any time soon!

If I name him Skunk at least the vets/nurses will know what they are dealing with:lol:

No photos yet, I'm not getting any closer than I have to today, I don't want to be tasting rabbit pee again any time soon!

If I name him Skunk at least the vets/nurses will know what they are dealing with:lol:

:lol: Reminds me of Theo when I first got him! He was in a pen next to my bed and I was just about to go to sleep then bam! Covered in rabbit pee all over my face :shock: It was so disgusting but made me laugh. :lol:

Awwww. ..he sounds lovely😊

When we brought Prudhoe home he fell totally in love with his daddy and constantly spayed him..although I got a few face fills as well. Daddy was also bitten, licked and humped incessantly💜. Neutering has turned Prudhoe into a lovely little boy now.. Still loves Daddy but in a more platonic way😀.

So maybe a bit soon to call your poor lad Skunk...although I do like it (we have a bun call Bug)

Awww, he sounds a right charming wee dude... skynk kinda suits him then???

Hope all goes well with the plum fairy...xx

Thanks everybody

Hope all goes well with the plum fairy...xx

Thank you.

This little bunny is proving REALLY confident. When I was attending to Betsy and Benji a bit further away from him, he realised what I was doing and I could hear him running around and thumping with anticipation. When I was in front of his hutch messing about with keys he kept getting hold of the mesh and giving an impatient tug (just like Binky and Theo do). I think this bunny is going to have lots of character.

Last edited:
I found recently when I adopted Charlie boy that his paperwork states 'microchipped' but he isn't...apparently they can't change it on the paperwork.

Charlie or Sir Stinky Pants as he's been affectionately christened has an impressive spray range so I feel your pain there, he due for the snip on Tuesday...thank goodness.

He's the first lad I've had thats been a huge sprayer, he lives indoors too....keep finding pee up the wardrobe on the other side of the room!

Charlie is six months...massively confident and surprisingly, didn't get on with his owners friends entire male :roll: when they were put together

In my experience of Harlequins, they are one of the friendliest and loveliest breed of rabbit....... and as for spraying.......well, lets see what happens once the plum fairy has been and gone.

Skunk.....no, how about just Harley? Or Jet (Spray)?

Oooh I had a buck like that once, pretty yucky especially when their aim seems to be so good :lol:

It did stop when my boy was neutered & he became the most affectionate cuddle bun :love:

In my experience of Harlequins, they are one of the friendliest and loveliest breed of rabbit....... and as for spraying.......well, lets see what happens once the plum fairy has been and gone.

Skunk.....no, how about just Harley? Or Jet (Spray)?

Definitely not Harley - it's too obvious. I've recently adopted a 'blue' rabbit who was called 'Bluebell' which is probably an extremely common name for a blue bunny same as Harley is for a harlequin... I really want something individual and as unlikely as Eljah for a rabbit name but just not finding one... Jeremiah is the nearest I've come so far.....

Weirdly enough, my friendly harlequin Eloise was called Stinky when I first saw her on Rabbit Rehome and of course wasn't stinky. All the harlequins I've had had been super friendly too :love:

I get sprayed quite a lot....especially when a certain person's bunny comes to stay!!!! The bunny has a hernia very close to his fluffy teabags so as the result has never been neutered. Don't get me wrong, this bunny is absolutely adorable, but I have to stop making a fuss of him once his tail goes up and his face shows signs of mischief. Willy Fred!!!!!!

I must be extremely lucky as I have had 21 buns, aprox half being male and fostered quite a few more and this is the first time I've come into contact with a sprayer!! I just couldn't believe how he was engaging with me, we were having what I thought was an amicable chat and a split second late I was getting a lot of wee in my face, and his aim was perfect. If I had had a mouth full of wee earlier I think I would have done the neuter first then the vaccination ten days later rather than the other way round. Now he's been vaccinated we will just have to sit it out and remember to wear a mac when visiting him!

I found recently when I adopted Charlie boy that his paperwork states 'microchipped' but he isn't...apparently they can't change it on the paperwork.

Charlie or Sir Stinky Pants as he's been affectionately christened has an impressive spray range so I feel your pain there, he due for the snip on Tuesday...thank goodness.

He's the first lad I've had thats been a huge sprayer, he lives indoors too....keep finding pee up the wardrobe on the other side of the room!

Charlie is six months...massively confident and surprisingly, didn't get on with his owners friends entire male :roll: when they were put together

I think 'Skunk' or whatever his new name will be must have been one of two entire males too as he was rehomed as he was falling out with/bullying his companion, which was almost certainly another entire male :roll:

Last edited:
Just chucking my tuppence in re: his name, but what about Pepe, as in Le Pew the cartoon skunk?!

Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun with him at least :)

Just chucking my tuppence in re: his name, but what about Pepe, as in Le Pew the cartoon skunk?!

Sounds like you are going to have lots of fun with him at least :)

Oh, I like the thinking there ... I've never heard of Pepe Le Pew *goes off to Google* but like the association for anyone who is able to make the link. I kept the name Anakin for one of my other buns although I had no idea of its origins when I adopted him. :oops:

Back