• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Problem Replying to Threads

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This morning every time I try to reply to a thread I automatically get to the 'Quick Reply' option. I have to click on 'Go to Advanced' before I can use the usual reply format.

What's happened :?

I've noticed that too :wave: the quick reply wasn't there before was it :? I like that because it is quick, but pressing reply to thread ought to give you the normal option I think :thumb:

I was wondering about this tonight. I see the quick reply box ready for me at the bottom of every thread that I read. Never seen this before. I am using it right now to rreply. This started a couple hours ago for me maybe 3.

Clicking on the reply to thread button at the top of the thread doesn't do anything now!

Sorry jane.. I just posted this on a duplicate thread... Must be a forum glitch.. I thougt my ipad had broken?

I also never use quick reply but am being forced to! I would say it's a PHPbb error: something's possibly fallen over on the PHPbb server. If this were one of the other forums I'm on, I'd be on to the webmaster to bash the server (a technical thing ;P), but I'm not sure what to do here as it doesn't seem as, erm, home-techie-run as the rest?

Ooo-errrrrr, sound too technical for me.. All i know is....... Its not working!!!:lol:

Ooo-errrrrr, sound too technical for me.. All i know is....... Its not working!!!:lol:
Tee hee, I have a bit of a technical bent! While I don't pretend to understand it entirely (who am I kidding, of course I pretend I do! :lol:), I do know a bit about PHPbb and various other internet-y and similar technical bits...

Did that fix it?

I meant to add the quick reply box to try out, not break everything else :lol:

Looks to have! I know the pain: you add something in and BOOM! Half the system goes down :D I update the websites for various stroke research trials and I've made some major whoopsies which were thankfully picked up before any high-end multinational academics picked them up! :oops:

Yes, I think it will be useful for mobile users! I will try it out at some point :) Thanks Tamsin!

Back