• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeding Netherland Dwarfs?

IssyRose

New Kit
Hi there,

I'v been thinking about moving my 2 netherland dwarfs onto excel from pets at home feed, as it seems to be a bit better composition wise. They are currently on the junior and dwarf stuff, do I need to feed them on junior stuff all the time? Or do i move them onto adult nuggets? They are just over 2 now.

Thanks for the help! :D

I think excel do a junior and dwarf one as well, which I would assume would be ok for them? I don't have dwarfs, I feed my buns adult science selective and they are only mini lops. Sorry if you already know this bit but you should change their food gradually over about 10-14 days, ideally changing an extra 10% of food per day I.e first day 90% old 10% new, second day 80% old 20% new etc.

Personally I would go for an adult food, I've never quite understood why manufacturers lump babies and dwarves together - babies are still growing and need certain nutrition to support that. Yours are adults, just very small ones, so I would feed them normal adult food.

Back