Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now Gnasher is ill (Matilda's partner)- being put to sleep tonight

Mama Doe

Sending vibes and hoping he remains comfortable.x

Banned

I'm so sorry to hear about Gnasher. Is he taking a diuretic and heart meds?

So long as you can manage the symptoms and his heart gets under control he should be able to manage well.
    I do hope so

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately my vet has said it's time to let him go and I do agree with him . I am just so gutted, I had him at home last night as a final good bye and he's pent the last three days in the vets. The diuretic injection has to be given every 8 hours, but within the hour his lungs are filling back up again meaning he is well for as little as 20 minutes and even when he is well he's not moving around just not squinting and looks more alert.

The heart meds have had little to no affect at all, although they are very hard to give as he is mouth breathing. My vet contacted an expert as need meds, etc and even the expert said that he should have had some response, but he's just getting worse.

I was going to let him go this morning but couldn't do it, he's in the vets but they have to drain his lungs again (that's three days running) and he's had the fluid tested just in case there was something bacterial in there but nothing.

He's just not responding to anything and I honestly think he is dying of a broken heart . He' a different rabbit, he used to bite and attack, he was horrid, you couldn't even handle him without thick gloves, but not biting no nothing, just sits there breathing heavily
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

sorry to hear this x
    Guinea pig slave to - Lily and Piglet

Rabbits loved and missed - Bisc, Matt, Smudge and Patch
    Guinea pigs loved and missed - Popcorn, Mollie, Benjie, Eddie, Maisie and Chesney

so very very sorry
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Really sorry. It just shows how they can manage/hide serious health problems whilst happy with a companion but they become too much for them when they are grieving.

So sorry his condition has become so bad so fast.
    My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13) and 12.12.20

Thank you

This is what my vets said, he honestly reckons he's had it for a while and he has displayed no symptoms. Even my vet nurse from my vets stays when I go away, she has been on lots of rabbit courses (she's mad about buns too) and never spotted anything. He has gone downhill so quick it's unbelievable, he will eat a bit of veg, but he just wants to lie down and do nothing

I am hoping they are going to say he's getting better at the vets today, but know in my heart he's not going to
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

Banned

So very sorry xx

Wise Old Thumper

I am sorry Tree
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

That's heartbreaking I'm so sorry xx

Lots of beautiful buns available for adoption at Acomb Rabbit Rescue

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Check out my band!: Void Ship Captains