• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibafirst

Pretty sure it's not fattening :wave: willow puts on weight quickly and I have home on 4 sticks in the morning, he's doing well :thumb::wave:

No, it won't make them fat.

I put 4 sticks in on a morning (2 each) and a further 6 sticks in at night (i.e. 3 each) regardless whether they've eaten the first lot or not and my girls are far from fat!

No it won't make them fat. My two rabbits are on Fibafirst as their pellet diet. They get 8 sticks daily each and they are great weights.

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here by saying: it depends how much they are eating already. If you're replacing some of their current pellet quota or treats with the Fibafirst then it shouldn't add extra calories or carbs, but if they are getting the Fibafirst in addition to current diet, well it might turn out to be fattening... :p

how does fibafirst do at wearing down teeth.

Bo had to have some spurs trimmed on Friday so we've got to cut back on everything to force him to eat more hay. He does eat it but much prefers everything else! We were giving them both 3 or 4 of these a day but have cut them out now to get him hungry enough for the hay

I'm going to play Devils Advocate here by saying: it depends how much they are eating already. If you're replacing some of their current pellet quota or treats with the Fibafirst then it shouldn't add extra calories or carbs, but if they are getting the Fibafirst in addition to current diet, well it might turn out to be fattening... :p
:thumb:

It is designed to be a main food so gram for gram contains much the same calorie content as pellets. If you start feeding it in addition to everything they're already getting they're likely to gain some weight weight.

Back