• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

polythene sheet!

NJK

Warren Scout
I can't find a large enough piece of polythene to cover my new ryedale hutch in this horrible weather, can anyone help? It's 7 x 4 ft and all the ones I can find are coming up too short. I need at least 8 x 6 ft I guess. It's only for this weather and they will have lots of ventilation. Thanks.

Some garden centres do this type of thing on a large roll where they cut a length off. Otherwise, how about a tarpaulin - I got some from ebay in a camouflage colour that have done over 2 years now.

Thanks for reply! Have got a tarpaulin but worried about them not being able to see out? Would this bother them?

I'm sure in a previous thread someone mentioned clear pvc off a roll.

http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/clear-pvc-50543#5022834010401

Not sure if it was just to cover the top of runs though.

I use 2 different tarpaulins. The first to cover the top and sides which is secured with rope and bungee cords. Then a separate glass clear one just to cover the front. I just loosely clothes peg it at random intervals down the sides so there is some air flow. Then brick/pieces of stone to weigh down the bottom to the ground. The top of it is secured with the other tarpaulin. Hope that makes sense!

I use pond liner! It's black and they can't see out the sides but I lift the front and fold it back, securing with bricks, if it's a nice day and it's open at the back as that's by the shed. Today the front is all tucked in though so they can't see out at all.

No, they don't appear to mind not being able to see out.

I got a piece from b&q last week which was about 18 x 6 foot they had a few different sizes as well :)

Back