• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which shed did you buy?!

Lemonade

Warren Scout
Decided to go with the shed and attached run idea.

Looking at getting a 4x6 shed but there are so many types, from so many places with such mixed reviews!

Any recommendations? Partner thinks I should go for Shiplap as apparently that's the strongest?

Lemonade x

What's your budget?

Definitely shiplap over overlap.

I got a custom made shed from Boyle's Pet Housing, but that's not a low budget option!

Ooooh I am glad you started this thread - I was going to start one similar. I have decided to get a little shed for Arthur and Elsie so that they have somewhere to go through the winter. They are in a Happy Hutch with run underneath but I am worried that they will be cold. I had planned on getting another run to extend their area but I think a shed will be more useful.

So I will watch with interest :)

I bought a second hand 8x6 overlap on ebay. It's been perfectly good and was amazing value, but when I replace I will be going for a T&G or shiplap summerhouse, mainly so that it looks nicer and is easier to keep clean.
I'd go for something with a lot of windows as well, mine has four decent sized ones along one side but still feels very dark.

also, I'd go and have a look around some shed places if you can. I was quite sure of what I wanted, went to have a look around and totally changed my mind.
I think I'll be going for one of the corner style ones - they look a lot smaller than they are so feel less overbearing in the garden. A 10x10 corner looked much smaller than my 8x6 but gave loads more floorspace.

First shed was from garden buildings direct a pent 10 x 6. We have moved it once and will soon be doing so again. It is ok but nothing like the WONDERFUL new shed I bought from a local garden centre.

The locally made shed is also a pent. 7 x 5 with two opening windows (one each end) and a fixed window on the right of the door (which is front left of the shed and is a stable door).

I paid extra for the extra windows and the stable door. I also paid for a base and to have it fitted. It is so sturdy and strong and although it was expensive (more than the 10 x 6) it is waaaaay better quality.

Get the best you can afford and ideally get a local firm to do it as they will be able to give follow up service (the garden centre are taking the new shed down, moving it and putting it up again at the new house, all for 100).

Back