• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure where to post! x2 hutches free to a rescue

suzie_indale

Young Bun
Not a clue which section to post this in! :lol:

I have two hutches free to a rescue who would like them. I must stress they are in used condition.

One is 6ft double. It has one leg missing on the front (my little ******* ignored all their toys and went for this instead!) and one of the backs has chew marks to it. It's a very roomy hutch, and has lino laid down inside. Some of the doors stick when you lock them. Currently being propped up by bricks! :lol:

The other is 4ft double with the run on the bottom (don't worry, wasn't used for rabbits!). It was given to me by a friend. This needs repairs. It needs new locks on (I have these to come with it), the back needs to be nailed on better and a very good scrub (I will do this and try to do as many repairs as possible). It may be suitable for guinea pigs or to be inside for small free range bunnies to use as a base.

I know these hutches aren't the Hilton Hotel for rescues due to some repairs which I'm trying to get done, but better going to a rescue rather then the fire. Only giving away as mine are inside now due to a family of foxes moving in and they will be upgraded to a play house in Spring.

Oh, I wouldn't be able to deliver unless local. Meeting may be an option, sorry! :( I'm in Walsall, outside Birmingham.

As a compromise due to the used condition, I will donate the toys, litter tray, bowls, bottles etc needed to deck the hutches out. I will also donate a bale of hay and straw and pay any fuel costs. Just want the hutches to be put to use by rescues that do an amazing job!

I'll try get pics up later!

What a lovely gesture, hope someone can make use...:thumb:

I hope so too! I used to work in dog rescue, although quite different to rabbits, I imagine at this time of year funds are low for winter. Would be great to see them put them use.

Could FatFluffs use them for fosterers? I know they're moving premises at the moment but could always email and see? :D

Back