• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

Hello you! Fantastic to see you around here again :D

She's wonderful isn't she? I feel the same as she gave Artie and extra five good years (she refers to him as one of those very special rabbits given how well he did) and saved Elijah from a blockage (it wasn't even her weekend on OOH but she came in to do the surgery :D). She could have just retired but wants to give as much information to the vets and owners as possible. I really, really want all this to be a huge success as it deserves to be.

I followed your story with Marley and Beth on Facebook but haven't learnt how to use FB yet:oops: (just as well, I'd never get any work done). One Saturday when you visited them I think we missed each other by about 1/2 hour :roll: You clearly have a good following over on FB so hopefully lots more people will get on board. :D

Thanks Alison, lovely to see you again too :) I really hope it does go ahead - I could talk to her for hours on end! I know if we hadn't been lucky enough to get Marley in to see her when we did, we wouldn't have him now as he was so poorly. I've posted on my FB & had a lot of response already with a suggestion of a mini bus trip from South Yorkshire lol!! I've got to email Frances Marley's pics what I took as he recovered etc, as she wants to use him as a case on her page, so I'll let her know of the interest etc. If it's a suitable date for most people, I am certain we could get enough to make it viable. I'll keep checking back on here too - hope you & yours are all doing ok? :)

Thanks Alison, lovely to see you again too :) I really hope it does go ahead - I could talk to her for hours on end! I know if we hadn't been lucky enough to get Marley in to see her when we did, we wouldn't have him now as he was so poorly. I've posted on my FB & had a lot of response already with a suggestion of a mini bus trip from South Yorkshire lol!! I've got to email Frances Marley's pics what I took as he recovered etc, as she wants to use him as a case on her page, so I'll let her know of the interest etc. If it's a suitable date for most people, I am certain we could get enough to make it viable. I'll keep checking back on here too - hope you & yours are all doing ok? :)

I saw the minibus talk....:D We are all doing well, thanks, up to 16 now :shock: I lost Artie May 2013 :cry: But he did amazingly well after having a kidney removed, he managed a further 22 happy months. I saw you lost Noah too, so sorry.

I shall look out for follow up on Marley - are they already on FHB's site, last picture on this page?

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/consulting/facilities-for-rabbits-at-crab-lane-vets

I saw the minibus talk....:D We are all doing well, thanks, up to 16 now :shock: I lost Artie May 2013 :cry: But he did amazingly well after having a kidney removed, he managed a further 22 happy months. I saw you lost Noah too, so sorry.

I shall look out for follow up on Marley - are they already on FHB's site, last picture on this page?

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/consulting/facilities-for-rabbits-at-crab-lane-vets

Wow 16!!! You'll be catching us up soon :) The interest so far is fab - am quite excited that about this, I know how highly you rate Frances too - I'd trust her with my own life never mind our bunnies lol!! Yep that's Marley & Beth on their jollies with her lol! I never imagined they'd be with her almost 4 weeks but it was the best thing for Marley - I think they enjoyed all the attention from them all lol!!

So sorry you lost Artie :cry: I know how special he was to you - he did incredibly well under Frances's care. Thank you about Noah :cry: Even now I still can't believe he's gone bless him.

This thread keeps popping up when I don't have time to consider a proper reply. I really am intending to come back to it...

Hello BunnyAddict! :)

Also is there a date for this? Is it properly happening? Or still a plan but nothing I can book yet? Ta x

Hello BunnyAddict! :)

Also is there a date for this? Is it properly happening? Or still a plan but nothing I can book yet? Ta x

There is no date for this yet, but I think with Denise's help tonight, demand for it will *hopefully* have been shown to be well and truly in existence.:D *If it happens* it will definitely be Saturday or Sunday 1.30 to 6.30pm but the actual date/time of year etc hasn't been suggested.

There is no date for this yet, but I think with Denise's help tonight, demand for it will *hopefully* have been shown to be well and truly in existence.:D *If it happens* it will definitely be Saturday or Sunday 1.30 to 6.30pm but the actual date/time of year etc hasn't been suggested.

Yay! :)

Potential for courses/talks for owners, come on guys, there MUST be a demand for this... get the suggestions in!!

https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/rabbit-cpd/courses-for-owners

I shall but putting in a submission when I've had a good long think about it but off the top of my head, I was thinking:

Taking blood glucose readings
other checks required when bunny isn't eating - how to check for signs of blockage etc

Routine health checks, ears etc - the checks you would expect on vaccination - what do they look for, what signs can you check for yourself ...
This link just asks me to login with no option to register??

Unfortunately Alison the link doesn't appear to be working now for some reason after I posted it on Facebook last night :( Don't know if it was the demand of interest of people sending things or not? Anyhow on my FB post there's 40+ people expressed a possible interest so far! :)

I've also emailed Frances tonight with Marley's pics & mentioned the interest shown etc & asked about the link not working atm - I've asked her to email me back or ring me to chat further about it. Fingers crossed this helps in her being able to do this if it's viable. I've asked her what the min & max no's would be it to work for her & also how people would book / pay etc. Not sure if you know any more? I would love for this to happen - I could listen to Frances 'talk rabbits' all day, every day!! :D

I have now also seen the Facebook link (thanks Martlou).

But left it too late and now the link is broken!

The big one for me would be differentiating between stasis and bloat, and maybe a handout of what should be done in each case. I really hate being faced with emergency vets who I don't trust, but not having anything to back up what I think they should be doing - my brain doesn't work properly in that situation and I struggle to make my case but if I had something written I could refer to that would be helpful. I would imagine other people have the same issue with different illnesses.

I think everything else I might have thought of has been covered already. It's tough to say as often you don't really know what questions you might have about something until faced with it.

I would definitely come at that price if I was free, and would be able to offer lifts from Leeds.

I have literally just emailed Frances about 10 minutes ago & had a response from her already! She has said that she has been completely overwhelmed with suggestions & people expressing an interest in an owner's course today, so she had to take that part of her website down.

She did this as she is planning a program to put up instead for owners, as it is something she would really like to do. She will hopefully be able to do this in the near future.
Fingers crossed this is something that she can do - we as owners & our bunnies can only benefit from the vast amount of experience & expertise she wants to share :D

I have literally just emailed Frances about 10 minutes ago & had a response from her already! She has said that she has been completely overwhelmed with suggestions & people expressing an interest in an owner's course today, so she had to take that part of her website down.

She did this as she is planning a program to put up instead for owners, as it is something she would really like to do. She will hopefully be able to do this in the near future.
Fingers crossed this is something that she can do - we as owners & our bunnies can only benefit from the vast amount of experience & expertise she wants to share :D

Wonderful news Denise, well done you on getting so many bunny people on board :love::love: I was about to suggest that she may have taken it down to put something more specific in its place but my flipping broadband is awful at this time of day and it's taken me half an hour to access here to read the updates here and on your FB page. I did initially tell her that I thought word would travel well round the on-line bunny community and hopefully that way create enough publicity... you achieved more in 5 hours than I did over a couple of weeks though, so thank you for taking it up :D She will need a PA now to sift through all the course material :lol:

Wonderful news Denise, well done you on getting so many bunny people on board :love::love: I was about to suggest that she may have taken it down to put something more specific in its place but my flipping broadband is awful at this time of day and it's taken me half an hour to access here to read the updates here and on your FB page. I did initially tell her that I thought word would travel well round the on-line bunny community and hopefully that way create enough publicity... you achieved more in 5 hours than I did over a couple of weeks though, so thank you for taking it up :D She will need a PA now to sift through all the course material :lol:

Thanks Alison :) I bet she wondered what had happened overnight bless her lol!! It's my pleasure to try to get interest - to me Frances is a bunny god, the best there is!! I love our vets in Sheffield, but if I could I would definitely use Frances as my vet like you do. She's hoping to use Marley's pics of his progress too as a case bunny - he's now binkying round in approval lol!! Fingers crossed we'll all be able to meet up soon & have a fantastic bunny course with her! :D

I have now also seen the Facebook link (thanks Martlou).

But left it too late and now the link is broken!

The big one for me would be differentiating between stasis and bloat, and maybe a handout of what should be done in each case. I really hate being faced with emergency vets who I don't trust, but not having anything to back up what I think they should be doing - my brain doesn't work properly in that situation and I struggle to make my case but if I had something written I could refer to that would be helpful. I would imagine other people have the same issue with different illnesses.

I think everything else I might have thought of has been covered already. It's tough to say as often you don't really know what questions you might have about something until faced with it.

I would definitely come at that price if I was free, and would be able to offer lifts from Leeds.

Sorry, I missed your post last night in and amongst all the excitement. I too raised the topic of bloat/stasis (well, actually, I defined it as blockage/stasis but we are on the same theme). I asked for guidance on how to monitor at home and when to call a vet, what to look for. My main issue is do I call the vet at midnight or monitor closely and get them to the vets first thing. I suspect it will have been suggested by a few as it's a big deal for rabbit owners, so I'm hopeful that it will be on the agenda.

Last edited:
I've just taken the 'potential' out of the heading because this is really going to happen now. .. it's now 'what' and 'when' rather than 'if'

:D:D

That's fabulous news! I'm really looking forward to it, and will be so cross if it turns out to be on a weekend I can't make :lol:

That's fabulous news! I'm really looking forward to it, and will be so cross if it turns out to be on a weekend I can't make :lol:

There is potential for it to be more than one ... more than two .. so you'd be very unlucky to miss out completely.... but the final decisions on how many and when are ongoing.. there's probably potential topics and demand for 20+ but I suppose we'd better let her retire at some point :lol::lol:

There is potential for it to be more than one ... more than two .. so you'd be very unlucky to miss out completely.... but the final decisions on how many and when are ongoing.. there's probably potential topics and demand for 20+ but I suppose we'd better let her retire at some point :lol::lol:

:D I am sooooooo excited about this!!

Back