• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

Please please please Parsnipbun

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

This so something Twigs has already been doing for the last three years at her home. ... In fact Frances HB has been to one of the days. I think it highly likely she will be running them next year.

This so something Twigs has already been doing for the last three years at her home. ... In fact Frances HB has been to one of the days. I think it highly likely she will be running them next year.

Yes, these are always popular aren’t they :thumb: I wish I lived nearer so that I could go to them. And the cake sounds delicious too :love:

Is that the FHB definition of 'definitely the last' or the OED one !! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: It's not the same thing then?

Well, she thought she had done the last but got head-hunted by Noel Fitzpatrick... that's not a prospect that's easy to turn down, is it?

:lol::lol::lol: It's not the same thing then?

Well, she thought she had done the last but got head-hunted by Noel Fitzpatrick... that's not a prospect that's easy to turn down, is it?

OMG, how could she possibly say no !! I have just found out that my Vet had a meal with NFB. I am only a teeny weeny bit jealous !!. He said he learned more about Rabbit Medicine from an evening with her than he learned during his entire time at University studying Vet Med.

I have just finished reading his autobiography, I am even more besotted with the man now :oops:

As FHB obviously has so much spare time now she is 'retired' ( yeh, right............ :lol:) then maybe an Autobiography could be added to her 'things to do' list

OMG, how could she possibly say no !! I have just found out that my Vet had a meal with NFB. I am only a teeny weeny bit jealous !!. He said he learned more about Rabbit Medicine from an evening with her than he learned during his entire time at University studying Vet Med.

I have just finished reading his autobiography, I am even more besotted with the man now :oops:

As FHB obviously has so much spare time now she is 'retired' ( yeh, right............ :lol:) then maybe an Autobiography could be added to her 'things to do' list

I'm sure she would throw her hands up in horror at that suggestion, she couldn't be more different to Professor Noel as regards the limelight. ... as regards the 'things to do' list, I think RHD2 has pretty much taken that over, which is such bad timing as she has so much to compile re the website, case reports etc.... but amazing that she is contributing so much to RHD2 albeit most of it is stuff going on in the background.

I'm sure she would throw her hands up in horror at that suggestion, she couldn't be more different to Professor Noel as regards the limelight. ... as regards the 'things to do' list, I think RHD2 has pretty much taken that over, which is such bad timing as she has so much to compile re the website, case reports etc.... but amazing that she is contributing so much to RHD2 albeit most of it is stuff going on in the background.

Her work on RHD2 is invaluable and proof (not that 'proof' is needed) of her total dedication to advancing the knowledge of Rabbit Medicine. I am sure that being a Vet was never 'just a job' for her x

The biographies are on now, I'm totally in awe of what they have achieved, especially considering they were running a small practice of their own and not working for a big organisation that was funding their studies:

https://www.vetfestival.co.uk/speakers/frances-harcourt-brown

The talk entitled "The Out of Hours Vet" is of particular interest and relevance to me given my recent experience with Dusty. It would be good if it inspires vets to realised there is so much more to learn about rabbits especially in emergency situations.

https://www.vetfestival.co.uk/speakers/nigel-harcourt-brown

Their son is also speaking... who also achieves great things:

https://www.vetfestival.co.uk/speakers/tom-harcourt-brown

And, so far 32 speaks listed.. 15% of them being Harcourt-Browns!!

https://www.vetfestival.co.uk/speakers/annie-harcourt-brown

Last edited:
Well done Frances! Only took her 5 years. She may be retired but what she has taught us about diet, dentition, rhvd2 & a million other things will benefit our rabbits forever :love:

Well done Frances! Only took her 5 years. She may be retired but what she has taught us about diet, dentition, rhvd2 & a million other things will benefit our rabbits forever :love:

Too true! She's still intending to write papers and add to the website but I suspect that's increasingly difficult as times goes on. I know she's put a lot of work into RHD2 so far this year. .. the website has been "under reconstruction" for quite a while now - but like you say, what she's already done is there forever

Last edited:
Noooooooooooooooooooo, FHB has met my man !!

WpBFheB.jpg

Whether FHB will actually take this 'Retirement' malarky seriously now remains to be seen :lol: But how jealous am I that she got to meet up with Noel Fitzpatrick !! FHB has done so much for Rabbits, the endless dedication to improving the Veterinary Care they recieve and the educating of other Vets about the complexity of Rabbit health issues. FHB should receive some sort of official award for a career dedicated to Rabbits. Even after her 'official' retirement she still contributes so much :love:

:love::love:

Frances told me that as it was "probably" her last lecture, at the end of it Noel gave a speech and presented her with some flowers. .. Wish I'd seen that.

Back