• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

So do I. Can you post on RWA Facebook or get them to email round?

sorry, I completely misread this post - I'm not on Facebook unfortunately nor a member of the RWA so it's all unknown territory to me. I've no idea how to use Facebook:oops:

Last edited:
I'd be up for a weekend afternoon/evening session at that price - it would hopefully be enough hours to make it worth the long journey but the 1.30 start would also mean it was do-able in a day rather than having to pay for overnight accommodation. I hope it does go ahead, I'd definitely go, I think there's a real gap in the market for veterinary type information for owners.

That price is really reasonable to be fair, dependant on location I'm certain plenty of us would book in

That price is really reasonable to be fair, dependant on location I'm certain plenty of us would book in

It looks like it would be here:
https://www.harcourt-brown.co.uk/rabbit-cpd/copy_of_venue

Hampsthwaite Memorial Hall, 4 miles from Harrogate. It would be worth checking what bus service is like on Sundays but I think the on-line community would be able to pull together and offer lifts from train stations/bus stations in town etc as needed.

I guess Midlands is the most convenient to get a lot of people in, being the south/midlands are more highly populated but I think Harrogate is a pretty good location for the size/shape of the UK. The very far north people might be more willing to travel whereas Midlands might just be too far for them.

Last edited:
I've put my comments on the website as requested. Thought I'd mention in advance that I'd probably drive so could potentially offer lifts heading north from me if anyone was interested once the details are finalised.

I've put my comments on the website as requested. Thought I'd mention in advance that I'd probably drive so could potentially offer lifts heading north from me if anyone was interested once the details are finalised.

:oops: Sorry, I meant any future comments as I had already passed yours on, I just didn't want to make a pain of myself by constantly e-mailing further suggestions. Thank you for doing so anyway!

That would also be a good idea to make it more accessible and therefore get more attendees - if transport was offered by other people travelling there :thumb:

Last edited:
If it's at the venue in the link then I'm looking at about a 3 hour drive or so via M5/M42/A1. Would have room for 3 people in (relative) comfort or 4 at a squeeze and if it helps out other RU members get there as well then the company on the drive would be a bonus. :D

I guess Midlands is the most convenient to get a lot of people in, being the south/midlands are more highly populated but I think Harrogate is a pretty good location for the size/shape of the UK. The very far north people might be more willing to travel whereas Midlands might just be too far for them.

I would guess as well that if the location was somewhere further from where Frances is located, the cost would have to rise to take her travel time/expense and possibly overnight accommodation into account. So if it's near to her, it helps to keep the cost down for attendees.

If it's at the venue in the link then I'm looking at about a 3 hour drive or so via M5/M42/A1. Would have room for 3 people in (relative) comfort or 4 at a squeeze and if it helps out other RU members get there as well then the company on the drive would be a bonus. :D

Whereabouts would you be driving from House of Rabbit? x

I would guess as well that if the location was somewhere further from where Frances is located, the cost would have to rise to take her travel time/expense and possibly overnight accommodation into account. So if it's near to her, it helps to keep the cost down for attendees.

Indeed, wherever you hold one of these events it will be too far for some, so Frances could travel a long way and the people in her locality miss out because it's too far away for them!

I have submitted my interest :) it sounds fantastic! Im in Birmingham so anywhere in the Midlands would be good :)

Thanks for your submission but apologies I think my waffle about location may have mislead you:oops: - it will be in North Yorkshire.

Last edited:
Supposedly a 45 min bus journey from Leeds I had a look on WYMetro the other day to try planning the trip

I think it would be useful to know more about the difference between rabbits being in pain (which rabbit savvy owners can spot) and rabbits being slightly under par. I've often been alerted to illness not by the rabbit him/herself but by the behaviour of partners/the group - but what if it's a single rabbit? How do we get better at reading the pre-emergency, sub-clinical signs? :wave:

I would love to know more about treating seizures in rabbits. My vet confessed that she's never treated a case before. I searched the Internet and she was willing to give me the medication suggested by others to help in these cases. However, I would prefer to have some detailed knowledge myself.

I've just realised that you raised these topics on the thread but it was after I had submitted the two first that were on here from Santa and HouseOfRabbit- so just wanted to flag it up with you that I haven't passed them on, in case you haven't either and want to.

Hi Alison, long time no speak :):) :wave: this is really interesting, thanks for sharing it :D I've shared it on my facebook page & hopefully more bunny friends, especially through BARC will be interested & share on bunny groups etc. I will submit a suggestion to her along the lines of what others have covered - I'm really hoping Frances can run it if there's sufficient interest. I could spend hours talking to her & will be forever grateful to her for saving our Marley & Beth's lives from their horrendous abscesses :)

Hi Alison, long time no speak :):) :wave: this is really interesting, thanks for sharing it :D I've shared it on my facebook page & hopefully more bunny friends, especially through BARC will be interested & share on bunny groups etc. I will submit a suggestion to her along the lines of what others have covered - I'm really hoping Frances can run it if there's sufficient interest. I could spend hours talking to her & will be forever grateful to her for saving our Marley & Beth's lives from their horrendous abscesses :)

Hello you! Fantastic to see you around here again :D

She's wonderful isn't she? I feel the same re forever grateful as she gave Artie and extra five good years (she refers to him as one of those very special rabbits given how well he did). She saved Elijah from a blockage (it wasn't even her weekend on OOH but she came in to do the surgery :D). She could have just retired but wants to give as much information to the vets and owners as possible. I really, really want all this to be a huge success as it deserves to be.

I followed your story with Marley and Beth on Facebook but haven't learnt how to use FB yet:oops: (just as well, I'd never get any work done). One Saturday when you visited them I think we missed each other by about 1/2 hour :roll: You clearly have a good following over on FB so hopefully lots more people will get on board. :D

Edit to add: Just had a nosey on your Facebook page and what a response. :D:D

Last edited:
Back