• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

You're a seminar junkie P's Mum :lol:

Ha ha you are right MM, but I want to hear as much as I can from Frances before she disappears for ever! Also it's not too far from me, only about 70 miles, and I don't go on holiday because I struggle to find sitters for my bunnies, so I feel the cost of the day is justified.

Ha ha you are right MM, but I want to hear as much as I can from Frances before she disappears for ever! Also it's not too far from me, only about 70 miles, and I don't go on holiday because I struggle to find sitters for my bunnies, so I feel the cost of the day is justified.

:( I can't even think about that. It's hard enough that she's not at the surgery anymore :cry: I know Frances has loads of plans for the website hence the website upgrade recently. Hopefully she will still do bulletins on Facebook when there are major updates on the website. There's going to be an announcement about the unexpected death project soon and a lot going on in the background. I can't think about no events to go to after October though :(

Bunny sitters :roll: They must be made of gold! I usually have to bring all mine along with me :lol:

Just giving this a gentle bump as Frances is adamant this is the last year she will be running these courses, so if you want to go to one make it this year as this is your last chance!

Just giving this a gentle bump as Frances is adamant this is the last year she will be running these courses, so if you want to go to one make it this year as this is your last chance!

The fact that she has run any at all is amazing. I am sure many people have gained a vast amount of knowledge from the courses :D

I'd really like to do this but have no spare cash this month as I've got 2 new buns to neuter and vaccinate plus three cats due their boosters - do you think there will still be places left at the end of this month, Bunny Buddy?

The fact that she has run any at all is amazing. I am sure many people have gained a vast amount of knowledge from the courses :D

:D It certainly is. Especially given that her health hasn't been spectacular in the last few years, to do all this past retirement is a huge commitment. :love:

I'd really like to do this but have no spare cash this month as I've got 2 new buns to neuter and vaccinate plus three cats due their boosters - do you think there will still be places left at the end of this month, Bunny Buddy?

I *think* you would be pretty safe between now and the end of the month. There's usually a mad flurry of booking when booking first opens then a trickle, then quite a lot of bookings much nearer the time. Numbers are *unlikely* to change much in that time. I would guess it would be summer before there's a danger of it being fully booked.

Last edited:
Didn't I read somewhere (maybe FB?) that there were free places available, courtesy of a fantastic donation from a lady whose rabbits had been cared for by Frances? I seem to think there were a few places on the nursing course. Might be worth a look on her website.

Didn't I read somewhere (maybe FB?) that there were free places available, courtesy of a fantastic donation from a lady whose rabbits had been cared for by Frances? I seem to think there were a few places on the nursing course. Might be worth a look on her website.

FB and on the website. The closing date was the end of February. I'm pretty sure it was only for vets/nurses though as the idea of funding the places was to get more rabbit savvy vets in circulation.

I *think* you would be pretty safe between now and the end of the month. There's usually a mad flurry of booking when booking first opens then a trickle, then quite a lot of bookings much nearer the time. Numbers are *unlikely* to change much in that time. I would guess it would be summer before there's a danger of it being fully booked.

Thanks for that, I'll try to book when I get paid. It looks very interesting and I'll find a nice garden centre to visit in the journey up :)

Back