• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frances Harcourt-Brown 2017 Owners Days U/D P821 - next event 16 September 2017

That photo of the rabbit conference is a heartwarming sight. Our bunnies health care has come such a long way in recent years.

I am hatching a plan with the conference - I really want to go - it might be my last chance to see FHB if she's not doing anymore. Am trying to persuade Bob he has a responsibility to attend but its really so I can have my chauffeur :lol:

That photo of the rabbit conference is a heartwarming sight. Our bunnies health care has come such a long way in recent years.

I am hatching a plan with the conference - I really want to go - it might be my last chance to see FHB if she's not doing anymore. Am trying to persuade Bob he has a responsibility to attend but its really so I can have my chauffeur :lol:

That's perfectly reasonable - but then I would say that :lol:

Will he hang around the village, or attend the conference?

My computer won't let me quote longer posts so
J&B - I definitely believe Frances this time that she won't be doing any more, she seems pretty set on this year being the last year. So yes, hatch your plans!

Bum. I've already booked a crafting weekend for that date. Double bum.

How very, very careless. ... but a crafting weekend doesn't compete, surely? ;)

Joey&boo I can't even offer a lift as won't be able to make it this time. It's right at the start of my first year in teaching, and I already have to be away the weekend before and after for a wedding. There's just no way I'm going to have time to go :(

Joey&boo I can't even offer a lift as won't be able to make it this time. It's right at the start of my first year in teaching, and I already have to be away the weekend before and after for a wedding. There's just no way I'm going to have time to go :(

That's a shame:( wouldn't they move the wedding for you? .. or the new academic year? Very inconsiderate of them!

Last edited:
I think we need to start a campaign to ask Frances to do at least one more talk. Maybe we could get the buns to write her letters saying how much their lives have improved with the knowledge their humans have gained. Maybe they could sign it in poo?! Or them again, I may just need a trip to the funny farm...

I think we need to start a campaign to ask Frances to do at least one more talk. Maybe we could get the buns to write her letters saying how much their lives have improved with the knowledge their humans have gained. Maybe they could sign it in poo?! Or them again, I may just need a trip to the funny farm...

I was with you Glingle right up until the signing it in poo part :shock:

You'd have a use a glue stick cos with all the good advice the poos would be looking splendid and dry :lol:
(overlap with crafting weekend?)

If numbers end up quite low on this one I think she will just see it as a sign that people have lost interest, sadly. I also think she will take into account that she gave us the date a year in advance on this occasion. A lot of people asked for EC as a subject but the level of attendees was lower for that one. She could be in a situation where people campaign for another one but don't attend. I personally think the agenda is particularly good this time both from the subject matter and how easy it will be to listen to those subjects (not massively complex for those of us without vast medical knowledge.) For various reasons she has decided this is to be the last year she runs the lectures.:cry::cry:

Last edited:
some might say heartbreaking ;)

maybe we should expand this thread to cover the impact FHB has had (directly or indirectly) on our bunnies lives

:thumb: Or maybe run another one so that the subjects don't get mixed in.

So just 9 weeks to go now, two months. It's said to 'definitely be the last one' so it is the last chance. A really interesting and useful agenda for all. I really hope she gets the attendance she deserves for this final one.

Esupi - how very selfish of you to not cancel all plans, drive from Leeds to Lancashire to pick me up because I'm not keen on buses :lol: Is Hannah going?

I haven't decided quite how I'll make it work but still plan to go. I'll book next payday then it will have to happen.

Back