• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello everyone

meadowdayz

New Kit
Hi

I've recently bought two mini rex bunnies. They are wonderfully tame I got them from a local breader who knows what she's doing. Their names are Pip and Sadie and they live outside in a hutch attached to an 8ft garden (former veg patch). I am considering bringing them in due to the awful wet weather. We have a corrider off the kitchen with two half glass external doors and may move their garden fence off the back door. This worked well with our old labrador when he was a puppy. The corridor has no heating, is about 18ft long and has a door to the kitchen where a dog/babygate can be attached. Wet, damp, freezing weather is such a concern. I'm sure I'll find some useful info here!.:)

Hiya and welcome. To you and your buns!

If you do intend to keep your bunnies together, you should get them neutered/spayed as soon as age allows...

We would love to see pictures

See ya

Fee x

Hi Fay

They had their vaccinations and vet check last Friday, and Pip is booked in to be neutered. They are a minth apart in age andhave the same Dad. Not sure how to put up photos as I'm using a tablet.

welcome to RU! My two are mini rexes and they are amazing (as are all bunnies!)| They're very active, affectionate, headstrong and entertaining - i hope you have a wonderful time with them

btw - as a breed they can have a tendency to sore hocks, but this can be minimised by grass/hay flooring, making sure they don't get overweight and that their claws don't get too long. Mine are fine so far (they're 13 months) but forewarned is forearmed and all that! but they are a wonderful wonderful breed

Back