• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround shopping!

EBM

Mama Doe
So went onto the runaround website to get a replacement door... Ended up spending £120! Opps!!! I've wanted to extend the bunnies housing a little more (safely) so I went a bit mad! I can't wait to set it all up, it was my OH's fault he persuaded me to add all the bits into my basket...
Hopefully they will enjoy!

I keep looking at the runaround shop and just get terribly confused at what all the bits are. Probably not a bad thing tbh as it's saving me ££££

I keep looking at the runaround shop and just get terribly confused at what all the bits are. Probably not a bad thing tbh as it's saving me ££££

haha yeah I felt like that at first, I already have a tunnel and doors so I do understand how it all works now! Expecting the deliver today or tomorrow, will post pictures when the little extra bit had been added to their set up!

Well they already have a small version of a dog kennel as their 'hutch' which is currently attached via runaround tunnel to their run, the run is normally on slabs but we move it onto the grass when someone is around to make sure they don't try dig out! I needed a new tunnel as my current one isn't quite long enough and causes strain on the connection points. So I ordered a new tunnel, and thought I can't let the old one to go waste so I've ordered one of the small 30' box runs ( they have a bottom to them) to go onto the lawn via the old tunnel. This means they can always have some access to grass and it will be safe! I hope they find the extra tunnel and space exciting. I'm looking forward to setting it all up

I drove up to see my Gran in Cheshire and it was a 40 min drive so went and picked it up.

I met the male owner, he was very helpful and said he can cut any length I fancy - also gave me the idea of having a tube behind the sofa which I thought was fab!!!

Finally put it all together! Benni has already been exploring the new tunnel and box. Does anyone have any ideas about the mesh floor though? I thought I'd get a floor for the new box as I hoped they could have 24/7 access to the new box on the grass but now I'm worried about their feet. I thought I'd be able to push the mesh down into the lawn a bit more but it's a harder job than I thought! I've put something for them to sit on for the moment, but does anyone have any ideas? If it's going to hurt their feet I'll take the floor off but will just mean I'll probably only let them in there when I'm at home . Here's the photos
608d3cf1b91efdd159a30ca127981382.jpg
b52f7ce9528fe6c8e3f79cc7493e42b6.jpg

Finally put it all together! Benni has already been exploring the new tunnel and box. Does anyone have any ideas about the mesh floor though? I thought I'd get a floor for the new box as I hoped they could have 24/7 access to the new box on the grass but now I'm worried about their feet. I thought I'd be able to push the mesh down into the lawn a bit more but it's a harder job than I thought! I've put something for them to sit on for the moment, but does anyone have any ideas? If it's going to hurt their feet I'll take the floor off but will just mean I'll probably only let them in there when I'm at home . Here's the photos
608d3cf1b91efdd159a30ca127981382.jpg
b52f7ce9528fe6c8e3f79cc7493e42b6.jpg

Looks great :thumb: you could hope the grass will grow through it in time, or you could lift the turf in that area and relay it on top of the mesh.

Looks great :thumb: you could hope the grass will grow through it in time, or you could lift the turf in that area and relay it on top of the mesh.

I did think of that but was hoping I could move it around to provide more fresh grass! Hmm will have to have a think!

Back