• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Flop

bunnymac

New Kit
Hi Everyone, I have not used a forum before so you will have to bear with me! We recently adopted a lovely lop eared male rabbit from Pets at Home. He had been neglected and we have spent a few weeks feeding him up and building up his confidence. He is now happy to be handled and has gained a bit of weight. He is going to be neutered this weekend and we are hoping to find him a friend soon.

I am a bit concerned as he has a double decker hutch and a large square run, but he spends all his time trying to escape! I am hoping this is because he hasn't been neutered and is desperate to find a female bunny. We are worried about putting him in his run unsupervised for too long in case he digs his way out.

He is a lovely rabbit and we really want him to be happy.

I would add a photo but can't work out how to do it yet! Duh!

Recovering well from being neutered

Flop was neutered on Saturday and is recovering well.

How soon after neutering can we look for a friend for him? Although the vet thought it was completely unnecessary to find him a companion and said he would be quite happy on his own!

I would find a new vet!

Hormones take 6-8 weeks to die down completely but after that he should be ready to meet a lady friend :wave:

The neutering was free with a voucher from pets at home but I will ask for a different vet next time. He clearly wasn't a rabbit person! Is it best to look for another neutered male or a female? Or just see who he gets on with?

Usually the best pairing is a neutered male and neutered female :) lots of rescues will help you find a suitable match and help with bonding. You could also start a thread on here asking for a rabbit savvy vet in your area and someone may be able to recommend someone:wave:

Back