• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildflower mixes

catherine09

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Wanting to sow some wildflower mix in an area of the garden for the bunnies and found this 'tortoise mix' on one website. Can anyone tell me if any of the following are not bunny safe? I know some are safe and tried googling others but not getting far with my limited plant knowledge :oops::lol:

Shepherd's Purse 4%
Chicory 8%
Field Bindweed 7%
Common Catsear 2%
Nipplewort 3%
Autumn Hawkbit 2%
Rough Hawkbit 2%
Musk Mallow 4%
Common Mallow 4%
Sainfoin 8%
Ribwort Plantain 8%
Greater Plantain 4%
Hoary Plantain 4%
Hedge Mustard 5%
Corn Sowthistle 4%
Smooth Sowthistle 5%
Dandelion 6%
Red Clover 5%
White Clover 5%
Tufted Vetch 3%
Common Vetch 7%

Bumping up :thumb: you need twigs new book :thumb: I've got it but I'm not at home at the moment

I bought some wildseed off eBay that was especially for rabbits. It was just called rabbit seed mix I think. My only trouble with it was that the vetch ougrew everything else and kind of took over.

My only trouble with it was that the vetch ougrew everything else and kind of took over.
It grows wild in our garden and is a pain in the backside! When it started to outcompete the wild violets I knew it was time to get shot!

I just grow it in big pots (balcony gardener). It takes about six weeks to grow a pot to a nice thickness and about 6 minutes for my two to destroy it. Hmmm.

Back