• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What's the easy way to give pancur?

Yes I've always used food if Doughnut doesn't like the taste of what I have to give her and won't come over for her syringe.

I've always used weetabix for medicines as it soaks it up but herbs are good or a bit of banana. Just something to take the smell and taste away. She actually used to lick panacur out of the bowl but maybe she's a strange bunny. Does your bunny definitely not like the taste?

If I am unable to administer it straight into there mouth can I put it on to food?

You can certainly put it on to food, if they will eat it :)

I have never found anything that they will eat with Panacur on it, so I have to syringe it straight into their mouths. A treat afterwards, of course :D

Mine got wise to me putting it in herbs but it did work the first few times so its definitely worth a try :wave:

Sandwiched in between 2 pieces of chicory. Worked....just. The top leaf kind of masked the smell and it worked for long enough to see the course through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Piece of banana, scoop a little piece out, fill the hold and put the "top" back on. Works a treat for mine :thumb:

Useful thread, thankyou! I will try this on Lopsy: he's never been given it but he'd also never been vaccinated so the vet suggested a prophylactic course. He loves food and hates being handled, so hopefuly this will work!

Useful thread, thankyou! I will try this on Lopsy: he's never been given it but he'd also never been vaccinated so the vet suggested a prophylactic course. He loves food and hates being handled, so hopefuly this will work!

Surely you don't mean the vet suggested a prophylactic course of Panacur as an alternative to vaccination? :?

Nooooo! I might be a bit surprised at my vets' thoughts sometimes but they're not that bad! They were more worried he might have it because he hadn't been vacced :)

I like this thread...mine completely refuse the syringe in mouth thing...Forest can handle it, but Ferni kicks about so much I worry about her back, neck, legs.. everything. Havn't dosed Panacur routinely as yet, cos heard from some valued RU'rs that it lowers the drugs effectiveness if and when anything goes wrong...and then the 'treatment doses' are less effective... if needed it's a 28 day treatment isn't it? I think i'll be trying all these great ideas in succession during that period.

I put panacur between bramble leaves or smear it in curly kale and it gets gobbled up in no time!,

Back