• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny honking

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
Why do bunny's make this "oink" noise?

I know some rabbits make the noise if they have not been fixed.

Candy has been spayed, she's 2 now and she often makes this noise when she runs over to me??

Mine do it too but normally when they're sulking. "Hey you took the cable off me" "hey you cut my claws"

She's probably just excited to see you

I'm not 100% sure but I think it can be both excitement and annoyance.

Finn does it when I sit in the enclosure with them, I think he think its not right when I sit in their space so he sits in the corner and ''oinks'' until I get something tasty and then he's my best friend all of a sudden.

Finn is a shouter, Milo is a nudger :lol:

Rosie is a chronic honker.lol :) she does it when she is in a happy bunny 500 mood , she does it when I come down in the morning and she honks when it's pellet o clock !!!

It is also the loudest honk I have ever heard. It's really cute but quite un lady like :/ xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Rosie is a chronic honker.lol :) she does it when she is in a happy bunny 500 mood , she does it when I come down in the morning and she honks when it's pellet o clock !!!

It is also the loudest honk I have ever heard. It's really cute but quite un lady like :/ xx

Awww. I love her even more x

Fiver always oinks at me when I come to clean his habitat. I just oink right back and then we have a conversation. ;)

Depending on the tone, he's either demanding food or telling me I'm annoying him! :lol:

Prudhoe sounds like a goose when he's out. .happily running around honking away.
Bobo oinks like a wee pig when food is put in..charges at his bowl like a wee pig too oinking loudly. His little wife Harley has started doing it too...sounds ridiculous coming from her though:D

Doughnut circles me in the morning making her excited noise. It sounds like a fly going past as it's her teeth chattering. It's not honking though.

Phoebe has started grunting when I let her out of her cage in the morning and after work.

Something spooked her last night and she started whimpering as well but she was fine once I calmed her down.

Prudhoe sounds like a goose when he's out. .happily running around honking away.
Bobo oinks like a wee pig when food is put in..charges at his bowl like a wee pig too oinking loudly. His little wife Harley has started doing it too...sounds ridiculous coming from her though:D

OMG I am crying here with laughter at this!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please, please video them!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Do geese sound like ducks because Rosie sounds like a duck!!! her and Prudhoe probably sound quite similar. Lol :) xx

Last edited:
OMG I am crying here with laughter at this!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please, please video them!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I will do my best - knowing the little :censored: they will suddenly be good little buns and wait patiently for me to put the food bowls in (yeah right :lol::lol::lol:)

Do geese sound like ducks because Rosie sounds like a duck!!! her and Prudhoe probably sound quite similar. Lol :) xx

Now that I really need to hear - sounds brilliant - a quacking bunny :lol::lol::lol::love:

Back