• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny was Away from home for a week?

glasswitch

New Kit
I went on vacation for a week and left my bun at my boyfriends house. I set him up and stayed with him for a while for this was his first time being away from home. He actually seemed great! He was hoping around exploring and eating, having a grand old time. He even met the cats and he seemed to not really care about them and such. When I came back though he seemed a little disoriented. Both ears were down (he only keeps one up), he hasn't really eaten, I can't tell if he's pooped lately because his litter had poop already in it. He's just sitting around in one spot. He won't move, go in his castle. I brought him home and both ears are still down. He still hasn't eaten and he hasn't pooped yet. He's still just sitting in one spot where he usually doesn't sit. I'm afraid something is wrong. Or was he just home sick? A few minutes ago he was thumping his foot. I'm going to keep and eye on him but I'm kinda worried. He isn't acting like himself, any ideas? It's my first time using this website so bear with me. :oops:

If he wasn't eating and was acting strange at your boyfriends, and still is now that he is home, I think you probably need to get him to a vet right away as there may be something wrong.

If he wasn't eating and was acting strange at your boyfriends, and still is now that he is home, I think you probably need to get him to a vet right away as there may be something wrong.

He was eating I think during the week. But as of last night and today I'm not sure.

Have you tried one of his favorite treats to see if that entices him to start eating?

If he is still not eating or pooping at this point, I would get him to the vet. He may have GI stasis, and the sooner it is treated, the better. All the behavior you described, lethargy, not moving around, sitting where he normally wouldn't sit, lack of appetite, all of these added up can be an indication your rabbit is sick and in pain.

I went on vacation for a week and left my bun at my boyfriends house. I set him up and stayed with him for a while for this was his first time being away from home. He actually seemed great! He was hoping around exploring and eating, having a grand old time. He even met the cats and he seemed to not really care about them and such. When I came back though he seemed a little disoriented. Both ears were down (he only keeps one up), he hasn't really eaten, I can't tell if he's pooped lately because his litter had poop already in it. He's just sitting around in one spot. He won't move, go in his castle. I brought him home and both ears are still down. He still hasn't eaten and he hasn't pooped yet. He's still just sitting in one spot where he usually doesn't sit. I'm afraid something is wrong. Or was he just home sick? A few minutes ago he was thumping his foot. I'm going to keep and eye on him but I'm kinda worried. He isn't acting like himself, any ideas? It's my first time using this website so bear with me. :oops:

He may have got a bit stressed in a new place, and although he got on with the cats, you don't know how it's affected him if no one was with him 24/7 and the cats were around. If you're not sure if he ate or pooped overnight, I should treat this morning's not eating as an emergency. If you can't tempt him with herbs, pellets or any of his usually favourite treats, then I would get him to a vet asap.

Better safe than sorry. Good luck x

Back