Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wabbit Wednesday - Little Bunny Questions that you've been Pondering

Default Wabbit Wednesday - Little Bunny Questions that you've been Pondering

Just thought I'd start us off, this thread is for all those little bunny questions that maybe don't feel like they need a whole thread but you'd still like to ask...

Wise Old Thumper

Why do we always say that Rabbits do not like heights, yet given half a chance a Rabbit will climb up on to the most precarious shelf in the house and gaze down at his/her kingdom ? I guess it's not so much heights that they dont like, it's more that they don't like the actual act of being picked up
    I AM NOW POSTING AS 'InspectorMorse' BECAUSE A TECHNICAL PROBLEM HAS LOCKED ME OUT OF MY 'Jack's-Jane' ACCOUNT ON SOME DEVICES !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Why do we always say that Rabbits do not like heights, yet given half a chance a Rabbit will climb up on to the most precarious shelf in the house and gaze down at his/her kingdom ? I guess it's not so much heights that they dont like, it's more that they don't like the actual act of being picked up
    I think you are right. My two have recently discovered that they can climb on top of the wooden house's roof and look out of the window. They LOVE it. When they have to jump down they seem very cautious but they always manage it ok! They are daredevils actually...

Join the UK Rabbit Group on Facebook, following RWAF welfare messages and loving rabbits all around!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/UkRabbitGroup/

Mama Doe

I've got a silly question that's not quite rabbit related but... those who use newspaper in the litter trays do you ever find yourself spotting someone in the paper and thinking what a perfect person for my rabbits to wee on??

Alpha Buck

Here are my "not worth their own thread" questions:

Can a rabbit eat too much veg?
    Can bunnies eat mango skin?
    Can bunnies chew pine? (Such as their new ikea bed?)
    How often can I feed fenugreek crunchies?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirotea View Post
    I've got a silly question that's not quite rabbit related but... those who use newspaper in the litter trays do you ever find yourself spotting someone in the paper and thinking what a perfect person for my rabbits to wee on??
    Yes

Or turning the page if I think it's inappropriate for them to read!

I guess I've always wondered what rabbits ''see'', are they colorblind, partially colorblind? The answer is probably in one of my many rabbit books but I tend to just flick through the section I want.

Really need to dedicate some time to a proper read one day.

Join the UK Rabbit Group on Facebook, following RWAF welfare messages and loving rabbits all around!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/UkRabbitGroup/

Quote Originally Posted by dumblepaws View Post
    Yes

Or turning the page if I think it's inappropriate for them to read!
    I do both of these or sometimes ill be putting the newspaper in and find an article that catches my eye so ill read as I clean

It's the opposite that I do... I feel guilty if I put photos of babies in their litter tray, all these photos of Prince George around make me feel very guilty letting the rabbits wee on him! I either just repeat to myself "it's just a photo" or I turn it over or make rue it's on the bottom layer of newspaper!

My question is regarding claw-clipping. Do they always need to be clipped? My boys claws look fine but they do lots of running around on paving and a wooden deck. Is this keeping their claws worn down?

Quote Originally Posted by aaammmyyy View Post
    I do both of these or sometimes ill be putting the newspaper in and find an article that catches my eye so ill read as I clean
    When it's my daughters turn to clean litter trays I'll often go outside and find her with her nose burried in the newspaper, bunnies and litter trays forgotten!

My rabbit shed & aviary build thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...86#post6423486