• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor hutch and run

hesterfester

New Kit
Hester lives outdoors in his hutch and run. Looking at getting a more permanent larger housing option such as converting a large dog kennel/shed etc next year but need to save up the pennies first :)

but he seems to be happy since attaching his run to his hutch earlier this year :thumb: I was lurking on the forums when I read about the run being attached as I used to go out in a morning and let him out then put him in before it gets dark, but he prefers running around at 4am I don't get up that early :lol: he still free runs around the garden every day whilst im home too :D we only just joined the forum but have been reading for a couple of months, got lots of ideas thank you! :thumb:

hutchandrun2_zpsd56ab3b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20140515_007_zpsfc0706e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20140730_19_15_33_Pro_zpsaeb13444.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Aw, what a cutie! I'd love to be able to let my bun free in the garden but mine is almost impossible to make secure enough:/

Aww, I'm glad we've inspired you :D They do keep odd hours don't they :lol:

With the spot you've got, it would be perfect for an aviary and you could use the wall as the fourth side (you use brackets to attach to the brick) to reduce costs. I'd probably aviary over the whole paved area and keep the hutch for the shelter - you could roof the aviary with corrugated roofing if you wanted extra weather protection.

Tamsin

Your rabbit is beautiful :love: I'm not sure what kind of connection you've used but it looks like the play tunnels you can buy in pet shops? I'd be very wary of using this pipe as it can be easily chewed and dislodged by a rabbit or predator. Runaround do secure pipes and connections that would be much better for permanent access. They are quite expensive but well worth it :wave:

Looks good! I need some pipes too and I might be buying some underground ducting: it only comes in 50m lengths which works out at £3 per metre! Considering Runaround is £10.50 for 4', that sounds like a good saving! Having looked elsewhere on this forum, I'm not the first person to moot the idea of building supplies!

Looks good! I need some pipes too and I might be buying some underground ducting: it only comes in 50m lengths which works out at £3 per metre! Considering Runaround is £10.50 for 4', that sounds like a good saving! Having looked elsewhere on this forum, I'm not the first person to moot the idea of building supplies!

that's a good idea will have to do some research, just looked at run around website will definitely save up for some more sturdy tunnels if its safer :thumb: thanks!

I would love an aviary for him thanks for the tips :D

Back