• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lidded hay racks?

midori1999

Alpha Buck
I know Manor Pet Housing did them, but their Facebook page doesn't seem active and I've messaged with no reply. Does anyone know where I can get lidded hay racks suitable for the bunnies please? Otherwise they just lay on them and pee in them, which makes it a bit pointless, so I usually just chuck their hay in their litter trays, which obviously means a lot of wastage.

Thankyou.

A lot of people use those carrier bag holders from Ikea on their side, I don't think they'd be able to sit on top of that?

They are on facebook, just search manor pet housing,

The one I got from them s lidded with three holes in for bunnies to nom from. It's top left.

I use this, bought from Amazon. I find it's great. Noticed kirotea also has two of these above Millie and Maddie's litter box on her boyles enclosure post. Hth.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kerbl-Hay-Rack-Wooden-Seat/dp/B000NINWWC

Yep I've got two of these, I didn't get them from Amazon but they're the same. I got two because one didn't seem big enough for my two hay lovers. They've only had them for 2 days but they seem good. I had something similar to the ikea bag thing on their old cage but I wanted something I could attach to the wood on their new enclosure. They do climb on them but they're not quite big enough for them to want to lie on.

Thankyou. The Amazon ones look perfect I think. I did try the ikea bag holders, but they didn't seem to like eating from them and I wondered if the bit where the hay comes out wasn't 'open' enough. They did eat out of the wall hanging baskets, but used to sit on hone hay and pee and poo on it, which made the pointless!

JJS, I did find manor pet housing on Facebook, but they haven't posted on their page I some time and I messaged but with no reply.

George and Harry currently have this Trixie hayrack in their hutch for the nice eating hay.

Before I bonded George and Harry, I've used a half circle hanging basket (with both vertical and horizontal crossbars) and then fastened a length of wood over it like a lid. I removed it as George liked to pull all the hay out and just sit on it and also it wasn't big enough to cuddle up on.

Although now I've got Hershel inside bonding with Maggie, I've had to buy a couple more hayracks. I got these Kerbl hayracks, they look like they are taper in the picture but they more rectangular (30x15x10cm). I found Maggie sat inside on top once and she had pee'd on the hay. So I've had to put a lid on it as well. It's not big enough for her to sit on though.

In the new year once I've got Hershel and Maggie bonded and back outside, I plan to replace the Trixie hayracks with the Kerbl ones as they are a better size for 2 bunnies.

Thankyou. The Amazon ones look perfect I think. I did try the ikea bag holders, but they didn't seem to like eating from them and I wondered if the bit where the hay comes out wasn't 'open' enough. They did eat out of the wall hanging baskets, but used to sit on hone hay and pee and poo on it, which made the pointless!

JJS, I did find manor pet housing on Facebook, but they haven't posted on their page I some time and I messaged but with no reply.

They do reply via message rather than general comments.

I got our bunnies' hay racks from my local pet shop. They hook onto the wire mesh on the doors but we did add a wire twister thing so they couldn't pull them off through enthusiasm of eating the hay!

They do reply via message rather than general comments.

Thanks. I'll try to again then.

I got our bunnies' hay racks from my local pet shop. They hook onto the wire mesh on the doors but we did add a wire twister thing so they couldn't pull them off through enthusiasm of eating the hay!

I don't suppose I could be a pain and ask for any pics please?

Back