• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

deemillen hutches?

Currant_Bun

Young Bun
Hi all, just wondering if anyone here has ordered from Deemillen or The Happy Hutch company? I'm on the look out for a quality 6 x 2 x 2 hutch with 6 x 6 or 4 x 8 run and have seen one on each of these sites that seem perfect but I've noticed that happy hutch have a 2 week wait, where as, it would seem Deemillen will post out in 2 working days... Can anyone comment on customer service and quality of either of these companies? Can anyone recommend me another company that see something similar around the £200 mark? I'd love invest in something even better but funds just wont allow:( I like the idea of starting off with something like the above mentioned hutches and then attaching more space via a tunnel at a later date:)

Thank you:wave:

Just in case you haven't considered it, but for about the same price you can get a small shed/playhouse which generally give you the same or slightly bigger floorarea than a 6' hutch. If you go second hand, you can get even bigger.

6x4' shiplap inc. delivery £220: http://www.shedstore.co.uk/garden-s.../shed-plus-shiplap-tg-apex-garden-shed-6-by-4

or t&g £240 inc. delivery: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEX-WOOD...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35d30bc619

Those are just the first ones I pulled off google so you might do better if you shopped around a little. Looking in your local DIY stores sales is another option, they might be getting rid of outdoor stuff cheap this time of year.

Agree with Tamsin, however, if you really want to go down the hutch route there are several good companies on the housing pages - sorry can't link from my tablet. One thing I would say about Dee Millen is that she is a breeder of bunnies so depends whether you mind supporting that type of business, for me, with links to bun rescue, I would look elsewhere, but just my opinion.

Just in case you haven't considered it, but for about the same price you can get a small shed/playhouse which generally give you the same or slightly bigger floorarea than a 6' hutch. If you go second hand, you can get even bigger.

6x4' shiplap inc. delivery £220: http://www.shedstore.co.uk/garden-s.../shed-plus-shiplap-tg-apex-garden-shed-6-by-4

or t&g £240 inc. delivery: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APEX-WOOD...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item35d30bc619

Those are just the first ones I pulled off google so you might do better if you shopped around a little. Looking in your local DIY stores sales is another option, they might be getting rid of outdoor stuff cheap this time of year.

Thank you, I have considered this but then I would still need a run plus I have two children, one of which is 2yo and I'm afraid a playhouse is just going to be too tempting for him, he'll want to play in there:/ Plus I'm not sure I would be up for the adaptations it would require:(

Agree with Tamsin, however, if you really want to go down the hutch route there are several good companies on the housing pages - sorry can't link from my tablet. One thing I would say about Dee Millen is that she is a breeder of bunnies so depends whether you mind supporting that type of business, for me, with links to bun rescue, I would look elsewhere, but just my opinion.

Thank you, I've seen the links and there really are some amazing hutches and sheds but once you select a size that conforms to RAWF specifications they go way out of my price range:/ I was totally unaware that Dee millen are breeders and tbh I'm not wanting to support that either so I guess I'll keep looking:/

Thank you, I've seen the links and there really are some amazing hutches and sheds but once you select a size that conforms to RAWF specifications they go way out of my price range:/ I was totally unaware that Dee millen are breeders and tbh I'm not wanting to support that either so I guess I'll keep looking:/

I only know because she is fairly local to me and one of my boarders purchased bunnies from her.

I have used Happy Hutch and not had any problems with any of my hutches but they are all under cover, so protected from the elements. I've had ready built and diy from them and all have been ultimately fine - had an issue with damage but a replacement was sent.

I've also used The Welfare Hutch Co for runs and the service and products have been good, so another one to consider. Good luck with your search.

Another vote for the welfare hutch company here. Great strong hutch that two belgian hares are really enjoying. Cost just over 150.00 so pretty good price.

Back