• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First Aid Kit?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
I've been trying to get a first aid kit ready - and I wondered, can you buy a first aid kit for rabbits with everything in as they do for dogs and cats?

If not -
Ive got clippers, two syringes and metacam
They're two different size syringes
a90209b8002d8a0638e0777d00da910d.jpg

Ive seen the thread about the first aid kit but im usless with names to order things so wondered if anyone had the link to a first aid kit or could kindly send me the links to the other stuff I'll need in my kit? :wave:

At the first aid talk that the Bristol Hopper Group went to we got given a list. It was:
Syringes
Syringe food
Probiotic
F10 insect and wound sprat
Hibiscrub
Eye wash
Silver nitrate pencil
Tweezers, scissors, nail clippers
Cotton wool, sterile bandages
Towel/blanket
Pet carrier
Phone number for vet & emergency vet

At the first aid talk that the Bristol Hopper Group went to we got given a list. It was:
Syringes
Syringe food
Probiotic
F10 insect and wound sprat
Hibiscrub
Eye wash
Silver nitrate pencil
Tweezers, scissors, nail clippers
Cotton wool, sterile bandages
Towel/blanket
Pet carrier
Phone number for vet & emergency vet

Thankyou :thumb:
Ive got cotten wool pads and the ear buds in my kit but if I need the balls aswell will get those, though for cleaning around a wound or such I think they'd all do the same? :?

I need to get a provobotic, an insext and wound spray and an eye wash but im unsure of what brand to get? Ive seen the Johnson brand but im unsure so if anyone knows :wave:

And also the sterile bandages and where to find them :wave:

Ive got cotten wool pads and the ear buds in my kit but if I need the balls aswell will get those, though for cleaning around a wound or such I think they'd all do the same? :?

I need to get a provobotic, an insext and wound spray and an eye wash but im unsure of what brand to get? Ive seen the Johnson brand but im unsure so if anyone knows :wave:

And also the sterile bandages and where to find them :wave:
We were told the best insect spray is F10 so I got that lol my vets sells it. I haven't got an eye wash but she said you could just use water.

I bought bandages from asda as they would only be used until I got to the vet

We were told the best insect spray is F10 so I got that lol my vets sells it. I haven't got an eye wash but she said you could just use water.

I bought bandages from asda as they would only be used until I got to the vet
Will check if my vet sells the spray and a probotic in the same brand.

Im assuming the bandages are like the roll that you could wrap around say their leg or body so will look out for those top, thanks :thumb:

The F10 insect/wound spray can actually be used to help get rid of maggots in a fly strike case, you can spray the rabbit and let it start working while on route to the vet. AFAIK none of the other insect sprays can do this.

Probiotic wise I prefer Avipro or Biolapis.

The F10 insect/wound spray can actually be used to help get rid of maggots in a fly strike case, you can spray the rabbit and let it start working while on route to the vet. AFAIK none of the other insect sprays can do this.

Probiotic wise I prefer Avipro or Biolapis.

Will definitely find the F10 spray then if it can be used as a wound spray and as a fly strike case while going to the vets

I think ive seen Biolapis sachets that would be easier to fit in a first aid kit than say a pot, thanks :wave:

I've put a bandage like that in yeah. Mine is smaller and was cheaper in Asda lol

just found one for free in my cupboard, still in the sterile pack!

All i need now is the probotic and the f10 spray, its suprising how much was just laying about the house:lol:

just found one for free in my cupboard, still in the sterile pack!

All i need now is the probotic and the f10 spray, its suprising how much was just laying about the house:lol:
Haha even better! I've got a bunny first aid box :lol: it's in their chest with food etc

I wouldn't hang them in with them in case they get to it - you do have a metacam junkie :lol:

oh yes :lol::lol:
i store the metacam in a high up cupboard in the house so that's safe for now :lol:

both the houses are 6ft tall at there peak so i get a bit of storage room, they've both got a hook with a dustpan and a rwaf poster from the rabbit week so it could be safe up there, everyone to look at them would think i was nuts for having a first aid box :lol: you have one for people so why not animals!

Back