• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well hello there!

Zhar_Ptitca

Young Bun
Nice meeting y'all!

My name is Ksju and I am an owner of three rabbits and three degus (not that anyone cares but they are there...:lol: ) Two of them are dwarves (posture and weight vice) but are mixed breeds and the third one is a wild rabbit.

Minnie - I got her and her sister Mira three years ago, after my first ever rabbit Yuki had to be put to sleep due to severe case of E.C. me and my boyfriend wanted girls and they were the last girls in the nest. She is shy, quiet rabbit that likes company of humans more then she likes rabbits. Not a cuddlebug but likes sitting near your chair and if you reach to stroke her - never runs away. We call her 'The Ladybun' because she does everything very careful and in a very dignified manner.

Max - a human-raised kit, whose nest was found during re-building of the horse stables. The sanctuary took care of him and his sisters but mistakes were made and they got too human friendly. Max's sisters were adopted quite fast but he was left behind where the owner offered him to me, because his own bunny group counted ten and he really did not have place for more. I had two girls and he was beautiful slender thing with a vivid mind and so I could not say no. I did promise to give him back if he was visibly unhappy. He wasn't. Max is smart, fast, short-tempered and curious. He loves sitting on the windowsill and stare outside. Sometimes he also sleeps there.

Mila - after Mira (Minnie's siter) passed away unexpectedly, Minnie got depressed and Max was not happy either. Basically Mira was the glue that held all of them together. Then I saw Mila - fat lady that lived for most of her life as a kindergarthen pet. I went bunny dating and it was a good match - Mila is dominant, yes, but she also has rather easy going character, she flops a lot, loves her fellow buns (Namely Max, who is her one and only boyfriend) and while she does not like to be stroked or picked up (would you, after surviving a bunch of small screaming kids? :lol: ), she loves food. Adores it, would do everything for it. When I got her she was 2.1 kg and had trouble eating her sooft poop. Now she is 1.6 kg and while another 300g would be nice she feels much better (I wish I could loose weight as swift as her, pfft!)

Me and my bunnies (and the degus) say hello and will do our best to enjoy our time on this forum o/

Last edited:
Aww. They all sound lovely. I have a soft spot for wild rabbits.

Never had degus as pets but did have a gerbil once who I was very fond of.

Welcome to you all.

Hello, and welcome to the forum :wave: would love to see photos of your gang :thumb:

Thanks for all the welcoming! I am usually posting from my tablet, so as soon as I get on the PC I will share some bunny goodness!

Pics as promised :wave:

Mira (RIP 2011-2014)
DSC_0660_zpsdb463c73.jpg

Minnie
DSC_0399_zpsa0775308.jpg

Max
DSC_0847_zpsaa6fb349.jpg

Enjoying the windowsill
DSC_0789_zpsb7173f99.jpg

When he was about 8 weeks old together with his sisters.
DSC_0625_zpsfbc54153.jpg

Mila
DSC_1035_zps9d4872da.jpg

Max and Mila chilling together.
DSC_0842_zps1e97744c.jpg

One of the degus, Vanille (I have mom and her two daughters)
IMG-20120421-WA0007_zpscab29558.jpg

And my very first and much missed rabbit, Yuki.
DSC00237_zps20c09102.jpg

Awww :love:

Bun wild bun loves a bit of watching out the window too, just checking no ones sneaking up :lol:

He also made it his mission to push everything that stands there on the ground. There is a plenty of space to walk next to the candles but will he? Oh no. Things have to be pushed and shoved in all direction.

All beautiful bunnies! I have a massive soft spot for wildies too, I just love their faces.

While we're a bunny forum, we're pretty mad for all animals, so thanks for sharing the photo of Vanille!

:love:

Gorgeous pictures! I'd have a whole host of animals if I could get away with it ;) Still we have 2 cats and now 2 bunnies who get on well bless em. Thanks for posting pics x

Back