• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Beautiful Pair REHOMED

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
This is Rose and Jamie :love:

they are a very friendly pair of rex bunnies who desperately need a home of their own. They are both neutered and vacs and will make a super addition to a family.
Like many rexes they do sometimes get socks hocks, when they arrived they were very bad but have much improved. This can easily be kept controlled by deep bedding and applying a small amount fo Sudocrem or similar now and again
This is why they are still with us as many have offered a home unitl they hear about the feet. Very sad
Our usual donation is suspended with us just asking whoever adopts them to give what they feel is fair.
We really would like to see them in a loving home soon and we so need spaces as so many at risk rabbits waiting to come in
So come on people lets see these two homed :)
They are being fostered in Lutterworth and their foster mum is happy for people to go and meet them
if interested please e mail honeybunnysr@aol.com

Last edited:
Squeeee :love: Rexes! And a REW! :love: if only I had more time/space/money I'd be in there like a shot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are beautiful. It's a shame people are put off by their feet, it's not much extra work. I just haven't got room for any more or I'd love to have them. I hope they get a good home soon.

This pair have had no enquiries at all..shame as they need a home of their own and we need the space to help others :cry:

so many appeals for these two, thanks to Tamsin for the one on RR . Even our vets have tried.
But no intetest at all.
Very sad when the appeals for these, and so many other rescue rabbits from all over the country get no response, while pet shops sell their stock day after day :(

re the views an no comments - on Rabbits in Need threads i dont tend to comment even if I have viewed as I always feel that seeing a new post on the thread will get the rescue's hopes up that someone is wanting to adopt -

Like many people I do like to look at the buns and read their stories even though I know I cant take any more on - but I equally dont want to get the OPs hopes up by adding a new post so they rush to see what the person has said only to find its a 'what a lovely bun shame I cant take them' type answer..

hope that might explain , as I suspect a few people are like me.

so many appeals for these two, thanks to Tamsin for the one on RR . Even our vets have tried.
But no intetest at all.
Very sad when the appeals for these, and so many other rescue rabbits from all over the country get no response, while pet shops sell their stock day after day :(

Bet their 'stock' doesnt go to the kind of homes that you would need yours to go to, sadly (well, most wont anyway).

They are no more work than other rabbits if u have the correct flooring, i have a rex and have down foam tiles and fleeces and have no problems with her feet, wish i was nearer as would love these 2 to go with my other one :)

Last edited:
thank you to those bumping them up..we have had a bit of interest but as yet not come to anything.
The fact that these two, and many others, are still sat waiting for homes may help to explain rescues frustration at people continuing to buy pets from shops :( So many sat waiting in rescues all over the country

Do u only let your rescues go to within a certain distance of you and do you do any sort of bonding with a original rabbit?

Do you know how old these are please and if i was interested in adopting them what info would you need from me?

We would need you to private message or e mail us with your full name and address and a contact number and details of which vet you use. We like to get a homecheck done, very informal just a chat, but if people are a very long way away and we do not know of anyone in the area to do it we will sometimes accept refs and photos of your bunny set up.
Best to contact me and we'll take it from there :) they are approx 18 months old

Back