• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fractured Jaw

How very sad. He did look very sweet on your picture. I hope Bella is coping ok without him.

They are very easy to love arent they?

RIP Misti.

I am so sorry. I lost a foster bun who fractured his jaw in a freak accident in his run three years ago, it is an awful thing to happen. Binky free. xx

I am so sorry. The same thing happened to a baby rabbit I adopted and again we don't know why it happened.

Binky free little one x

Thank you all for your condolences. I've been beating myself up trying to work out how on earth he could have broke his jaw in his cage/run. Thank you to the two users who posted that the same thing had happened to their buns. I keep feeling responsible like I should have prevented it. I know realistically I couldn't but it's just my emotions..... And I loved him so very much. :-(

Thank you all for your condolences. I've been beating myself up trying to work out how on earth he could have broke his jaw in his cage/run. Thank you to the two users who posted that the same thing had happened to their buns. I keep feeling responsible like I should have prevented it. I know realistically I couldn't but it's just my emotions..... And I loved him so very much. :-(

I think we all feel 'responsible' when something happens to one of our Rabbits. But accidents can happen to anyone regardless of how careful they may be. It sounds as though your boy did have a tragic accident that no-one could have predicted or prevented.

I am truly sorry :cry:

Thanks again everyone for your support. I was worried for Misty (Blues mate) as we had already tried to bond her with another bun before Blue and it failed and then she was bonded with Blue which took 6 weeks - and soooo much stress for me too. Misty is very timid and sensitive and the thought of having to go through the whole bonding process for a 3rd time this year seemed overwhelming for me as i know how stressed out poor misty gets. Anyway my friend literally dropped her daughters male bun off with me and then disappeared - she couldnt take him to her new house. So I went ahead the day after we lost Blue and started the bonding process again. Shock! they got on great from the word go. I've never experienced this before. So I'm feeling a little better today about everything...... I'll be an expert at bonding soon!!

Back