• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pellets

dbownes

Young Bun
is there a limit of how much is too much? mine are solely on pellets as thats what they were on but im worried that im giving them too much. or would a muesli be better? although there is nothing wrong with there poo, it appears normal.

Most people feed an egg cup full of pellets a day. With an egg cup full they will eat lots more hay which will wear their teeth down. Pellets and veg/herbs should account for about 15% of their diet the rest should be hay and grass.

Are your rabbits babies? When they are young you can feed unlimited pellets, and then as they get older they only need a small amount, about an egg cup full each per day, I give mine a handful each per day. They need to be eating lots of hay, if you overfeed pellets then they probably won't eat enough hay. They should each eat a pile at least the size of themselves every day, basically unlimited. If they don't eat enough hay then they will be likely to be dental problems, which are very costly

Are your rabbits babies? When they are young you can feed unlimited pellets, and then as they get older they only need a small amount, about an egg cup full each per day, I give mine a handful each per day. They need to be eating lots of hay, if you overfeed pellets then they probably won't eat enough hay. They should each eat a pile at least the size of themselves every day, basically unlimited. If they don't eat enough hay then they will be likely to be dental problems, which are very costly

yes there babies, i supply them with unlimited hay and fill there dishes up half full every day, they have 2 dishes in the hutch but theres noway of knowing which rabbits eating most but know that they both seem to be constantly eating, already feel one of them filling out but was scared i was feeding them too much. ok thats good to know, both dishes are always empty by end of day but i don't fill them up until morning as they then can eat the hay, and its definately been eaten as theres no food been tipped on the floor.

Most people feed an egg cup full of pellets a day. With an egg cup full they will eat lots more hay which will wear their teeth down. Pellets and veg/herbs should account for about 15% of their diet the rest should be hay and grass.

they also get a piece of fruit or veg a day which i try give each rabbit one and check that they both are eating some of it, and they get the grass when there in there run about 4 hours a day, varying on times.

they also get a piece of fruit or veg a day which i try give each rabbit one and check that they both are eating some of it, and they get the grass when there in there run about 4 hours a day, varying on times.

Veg is fine but I wouldn't give lots of fruit as it's high in sugar and a treat. A tiny bit once a week would be enough.

Back