• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hutch/run question

I have been doing a lot of research here too for the very same reason before taking on our bunnies. Nearly made what could have turned out to be a very expensive and sad mistake.

I don't want to hijack Bobsie's thread but may I ask a question about the Wendy/playhouses please?They don't look that big in terms of floor space. They are big in terms of height but the rabbits don't use that or do you just add shelving?

I used to have a 4 x 4 playhouse from B&Q, and this was the space inside:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/jessg6691/IMG_4605_zps9457a8ec.jpg

I actually ended up taking out the spotty stool thing as they could just jump up without it, and that gave them a lot more room. We added the shelf to give them more room. If you can imagine it without the stool thing, it would look bigger.

If you think about it, the minimum requirements for accommodation is 6 x 2, giving 12 square foot, whereas this playhouse was 4 x 4 plus a shelf, giving 16 square foot, so it's more space than a minimum requirements hutch. :thumb:

Last edited:
I used to have a 4 x 4 playhouse from B&Q, and this was the space inside:

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww175/jessg6691/IMG_4605_zps9457a8ec.jpg

I actually ended up taking out the spotty stool thing as they could just jump up without it, and that gave them a lot more room. We added the shelf to give them more room. If you can imagine it without the stool thing, it would look bigger.

If you think about it, the minimum requirements for accommodation is 6 x 2, giving 12 square foot, whereas this playhouse was 4 x 4 plus a shelf, giving 16 square foot, so it's more space than a minimum requirements hutch. :thumb:
Gotcha. Thank you. Makes perfect sense. Love how the bunnies on this site have such lovely homes.

Back