• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Updated/New Set Ups

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
I know there is a sticky, but I've looked through 100 times and would love more up to date pics! Ideas develop over time, so would love to see your new ideas!

This is about 2/3 weeks ago, excuse the mess - he had access to a Burgess feeding cube (never again!!!)

10653962_808102752567687_1247502726_n.jpg

He is on vinyl over carpet, so spongey and easy to keep clean! Puppy pen panels are 3ft tall, he has a space of 4ftx4ft permanently with access to the rest of the front room when we are in, from 4.45pm onwards.

I want to buy another puppy pen of the same size so I can extend his space to 8ftx4ft - will need some time before this happens, however he is a spoilt bunny and what he doesn't have in RWAF rules, he has the best we can currently offer and I'm sure it's 100% better than dumping him in a tiny hutch at the bottom of the garden.

He has a slab of marble that can fit into the fridge and freezer whenever it's very warm, the paving slab he will sometimes scrabble at which I believe helps his nails, it also gets flopped onto and helps hold his box in place.

Water bowl, courtesy of RU making me see sense - he now doesn't make a racket and gets way more water than before!

He loves his jingle ball, and I never remove this because it's his favourite :)

His litter box has a small entrance you can see on the left, this keeps the hay in which is held by a hay rack slotted into handmade slots melted into the narrow end furthest from the entrance. He very rarely kicks anything out of his box and when he does it's just a few poos!

Newest additions are the runaround tube which he delights in running through at least twice in the morning when he hears you rummaging for his pellets and the wooden hut on the right has been replaced with a bigger one that also has a tub of slightly posher, mixed hay sat on it.

During the time that he's out, we have made the lower shelf on our coffee table rabbit-friendly with carpet glued onto it where he will chill, we also have a runaround tube behind the sofa that he storms through in his mad dashes!

There is a snugglesafe extra long tube that runs along the opposite side to the sofa, with a huge cardboard box at the end that he loves to strip and rip up. Next to this, so that he can get on top of the box is the old wooden hut seen in the picture.

I hope these ideas could help someone, and I'd love to see other pictures and descriptions of your set ups!

Rather than extending his pen could you not completely bunny proof the whole room for him?

Rather than extending his pen could you not completely bunny proof the whole room for him?

I wish, unfortunately as we rent off family, who aren't pleased with him anyway, I'd be concerned that they would turn up and he could leg it out of the door, and also due to the house being so old, a funny shape and the fact that he eats carpet, it would be a complete overhaul. He's also a chewer, he manages to bite through even a runaround tube!

Ideally I'd like to do so, but we also will have reclining sofas soon too which is an added danger if he decides go crawl into the mechanism which he's already done with our armchair!

Right now it isn't feasible!

I wish, unfortunately as we rent off family, who aren't pleased with him anyway, I'd be concerned that they would turn up and he could leg it out of the door, and also due to the house being so old, a funny shape and the fact that he eats carpet, it would be a complete overhaul. He's also a chewer, he manages to bite through even a runaround tube!

Ideally I'd like to do so, but we also will have reclining sofas soon too which is an added danger if he decides go crawl into the mechanism which he's already done with our armchair!

Right now it isn't feasible!

Hmmm maybe not then! :p

Back