• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Dispensing Box

Thanks a million! The hay bar is identical to the one I got made; it's was like a rabbit free bar the result being the bar was closed for business in under a week! They just ate it! Not sure about those plastic bits on the second one though. Someone just facebooked me this:

http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/hay-feeder.html

Cardboard is quite rabbit friendly so I might give it a go! I'm keeping that plastic one on the back burner though ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cardboard one would be easy to make. (She says). Keep meaning to get my lot some hay racks.

Love the manor pet housing ones but surely they would (wood) get chewed?

The cardboard one would be easy to make. (She says). Keep meaning to get my lot some hay racks.

Love the manor pet housing ones but surely they would (wood) get chewed?

Yes a friend of mine kindly spent a lot of time and effort making a replica of that manor pet housing one I found on Pinterest and my rabbits ate through all the bars and lid and then got in the hay dispenser and peed all over it within a week of having it *cringe*!!

Make sure they don't consume too much cardboard - it can cause a blockage.

Yeah, mine buns are a bit cardboard obsessed so I don't let them have unless I'm there to supervise which defeats the object of a hay dispenser I suppose!

Thanks a million! The hay bar is identical to the one I got made; it's was like a rabbit free bar the result being the bar was closed for business in under a week! They just ate it! Not sure about those plastic bits on the second one though. Someone just facebooked me this:

http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/hay-feeder.html

Cardboard is quite rabbit friendly so I might give it a go! I'm keeping that plastic one on the back burner though ;)

I was just going to mention this one. I spotted it when planning my hay expert order this week xx

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I was just going to mention this one. I spotted it when planning my hay expert order this week xx

Do you find hay expert to be good? I'm always on the look out for superior produce for my babies!

I use the ikea plastic bag holders. One of the ends is open though so I buy a second one and cut the end off that to attach to the first one (if that makes sense). This makes it safe so that bunnies can't climb in.

I think I've tried and tested every hay rack available and the ikea one is the best for me :)

This was Rosies . It's empty because I only use it if we are away for the night. She likes to eat off the floor in her covered litter box.

ebybutah.jpg

Freddie's

avynapu4.jpg

I use the ikea plastic bag holders. One of the ends is open though so I buy a second one and cut the end off that to attach to the first one (if that makes sense). This makes it safe so that bunnies can't climb in.

I think I've tried and tested every hay rack available and the ikea one is the best for me :)

This was Rosies . It's empty because I only use it if we are away for the night. She likes to eat off the floor in her covered litter box.

ebybutah.jpg

Freddie's

avynapu4.jpg

Everytime I see those two my heart melts! Two very lovely buns :) I will defo try that out, very cost effective too!

Everytime I see those two my heart melts! Two very lovely buns :) I will defo try that out, very cost effective too!

Thank you :)

The ikea hay racks are fantastic and they serve different purposes. Freddie loves to go in behind doors to dig up the carpet so I put the ikea plastic bag holder in there (standing up ) and fill with magazines or anything empty and it blocks off the corner and he can't move it.

Not to mention they are great for storing toilet rolls in the bathroom ( completely un bunny related) lol xx

Back