• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Poor little tabby cat

Rabcat

Mama Doe
On my way to work this morning a car 2 in front of me hit a cat. It was on a dual carriage way and the poor little thing was lying in the road.

I pulled over as I just had to check if the poor little thing was still alive and I hate to see animals just left like that. When I picked him/her up I knew it was too late. The force had done so much damage to his/her face :(:(:(

The little cat had a collar but no contact details. I laid him/her in the grass away from the road.

It absolutely devastated me and I sobbed all the way to work. I have called a local vet to let them know for their notice board.

I am going to try to find the owner on my way home.

Rest in peace little one xxxxxxx

I'm so sorry you had to see that, Rabcat :cry:
I hope the owner can be found and notified. Bless you for helping the poor wee thing. ((((((((Hugs)))))))

Run free, Kitty xxxxxxxx

!

I'm so sorry you had to see that, Rabcat :cry:
I hope the owner can be found and notified. Bless you for helping the poor wee thing. ((((((((Hugs)))))))

Run free, Kitty xxxxxxxx

Thank you.

It really has disturbed me - particularly its injuries! :( I kept thinking about the owner waiting for the cat to come home :(:(:(

It seems to me that drivers do not care much at all when they hit a cat. I don't think that you are obliged to report it or anything but I just could never hit an animal and drive on!!!

The lady at the vet nearby says that she is going to see if she can find the cat.

I felt awful having to leave it there. I couldn't think straight either as I was upset and shocked by the injuries :(

I have been off work for 10 weeks after breaking my ankle and this was my first morning back and I was already stressed about being late etc.

I called the vets and the lady I had spoken to found the little cat and it turned out that he was micro-chipped and also registered with them.

At least the owners will know now :(

It is so sad when they are taken so suddenly and in such a way, my thoughts are with the poor owners who must be devastated to hear such news but at least they know. RIP little one.

Oh how sad, good on you for reporting it to the vets, I'm sure the owners were grateful. RIP tabby cat xx

So sad :cry: well done for moving it, the owners will be so grateful you moved him out the way of even more cars and notified the vets - they will be able to cremate/bury him, if you didn't stop they probably wouldn't have been notified! R.i.p Xxx

Back